Chapter 19 - New And Reborn

katherine

The year is currently 1864. The season of Summer is awry. As i write in my diary, the bird's and bees's melodic songs are ringing through my carriage. Opposite me sits the quiet and graceful Emily Bennett. She has my handmaiden since her 18th birthday. She is now 24 years of age. But it is not her skills as a handmaiden that make her important to me. It is her heritage...as a Bennett witch that will always be at my aid. I remember her great-great grandmother, Mariah Bennett, like it was yesterday. 

Our carriage has come to a stop. I'll continue this log later.

I bound my leather diary and slip it into Emily's hands. She smiles at me, understanding that she must keep it safe and sound under all costs. The logs of my diary have secrets galore in them. Experiences that should never be discovered. They had the power to move mountains in the game i called life. 

I would rather die than see some one find my diary.  

"Mhmm, lovely day, isn't it, Emily?" i asked my handmaiden. And the closest being to my truth.

Emily stared at the sun and looked at me, "Yes, ma'm, it is..the perfect day....for a spell" she smirked when she said "for a spell" and i knew exactly what she meant by that. I smirked back at her sensually. 

"So which family is hosting our stay in Mystic Falls?" i inquired to Emily, as our carriage driver opened the medium sized doors for us. His name was Gerald, when i first met him, he had no money and he was completely homeless. He was exactly my father's age and build. I could not let him live like that. I was not completely heartless. And his presence was warming to me.

But it was not Gerald's hand that touched mine as i got up to leave the carriage. This hand was gentle and firm. Young and soft. 

The hand belonged to person who's lips quickly planted a kiss on my hand. And then the person said, "The Salvatore's....at you're service", his blue eyes stared at wonder at my curly dark locks of hair and big brown eyes. He would think i was a beautiful young woman, but i was much more.

"You must be Damon Salvatore" i told him with confidence. I put on the act of an innocent orphan who just wanted a place to stay. As i had done with many towns in which resided to be safe from Niklaus...ugh. I did not like thinking of him. It just made me think of others from my past...who i'd rather forget.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay at you're father's wonderful home" i told him honestly, as the Salvatore mansion from the outside looked quite large and sturdy. Safe. Then my eyes came upon...another young man. He must be Stefan Salvatore. His green eyes looked so young, so clean  and so pure. Beautiful.

Damon looked at me with so much happiness. The girls of Mystic Falls must not come up to standards for the young playboy. I could just tell he was a playboy by the look of his hair that perfectly shaped itself around his handsome face. His blue eyes could make any girl swoon.

I was no girl.

Stefan looked uncomfortable as his brother announced him to me, "And this is my little brother, Stefan!" but i didn't see "little" at all.

I saw handsome Stefan. As equally handsome to his brother.

And i also saw the differences in the brothers immediately. Not just the green and blue eye difference, but: Stefan was gentle, calm, Damon was flirtatious and alive. 

I think it we'd all get along....

Like a house on fire!

12 months later!

I watched the church burn. Mystic Falls....was just another place i had destroyed because of my own self preservation.

But i knew one thing, this  town was stronger than me. It had forced me to leave the two people who truly had changed me. Who i had changed.

I loved Stefan so much and Damon was an exciting adventure. But as long they were vampires...i hoped they would...well mainly Stefan..would survive. 

I already miss then both.

Elijah touched my shoulder and asked, "Are you OK, Katerina?" and i turned to face him. My curly hair flowing to the sides of my white dress. My black corset was tight on my chest. No. I was definitely not ok. And i hated that name right now. Katerine. 

For Stefan, i was just "Katherine" and not "Katerina" but i guess Elijah was just another one of the people that i could not truly be mad at.

I looked at him and something completely true, "Thank you, Elijah. For everything. I'm so glad you caught me 3 months ago" he smiled back at me agreeing.

3 months ago!

I could hear his boots coming for me. I was in the Mystic Falls woods. Looking for a midnight snack. Something light, i didn't want to feel bloated for  the Founder's Ball. It was going to be a great night. An interesting night, i could just tell.

"Katerina!" and my mind changed completely from all the meaningless Mystic Fall's news.

Oh my god! 

Elijah!

That was his voice. I could never forget it.

I even thought at about it sometimes...in my dreams..when i missed him. His noble brown eyes. I realized now that i had finally stopped running away. I had stopped fighting to get away.

I had stopped.

I felt his firm hands on my shoulders, he savagely twisted me to face him. He had not changed. He  looked wonderful. As always.

I politely smiled at him.

But he had other ideas...he grabbed my face violently and i had no clue what he would do next.

His kiss purged his love into me. Oh lord. 

I had not kissed him for over 300 years!

300 years!

Tears immediately sprung from eyes. It had been 300 years since...since...since...

Elijah released me and asked, "What happened to Nikole?" and my tears did not stop. The past was an unholy devil!

Hi guys. I really hope you are finding it easy to adjust to the time changing in this new section to this story. I just want my ideas to always be fresh, exciting and mind-boggling!

I hope you'ree enjoying where Katherine finds herself.

"The future and past are all connected, darling"

:) Thanks for reading, commenting and voting!

Love ya.

- FELLOFFthehill