Chapter 9 - I Come Apart

katherine

My stomach hurt. 

I was hungry and in pain. That bastard Niklaus had thrown me so hard. Looks like the fact that i was no longer human had really angered him.

A part of me smiled at that.

A part of me wanted to scream again.

I was chained and in some sort of chambers. Niklaus's Chamber. Or Elijah's. Oh gosh, Elijah makes me so ANGRY!!! I kept on falling for his noble face. His sweet smile...oh his  eyes!

No KATHERINE. My inner voice stood up fiercely from inside. You are stronger than THIS!

You are no longer Katerina, the child who fell for monsters. Monsters wearing beautiful faces. Monsters that now torment my every living moment. Or shall i say undead moment.

The tight chains on my wrists did not let me move an inch. I was literally attached to the wall. Like a painting. Like another one of Niklaus/Elijah's possessions. My feet felt the cold dusty floor and shivered in their skin. My stomach craved blood. Blood that was warm,  but not because it had been heated. But because the blood was alive! My mind was troubled. My heart told me my daughter was out there. And she was not safe. As long as Niklaus was alive on this Earth. I pray he knows nothing of her. I pray this with all might. But i know...Elijah betrayed me once, so why would he keep my daughter's existence a secret. Unless there is some kindness in his heart left for me and my little Nikole. Unless there is something between me...and him. Just like that moment at the lake. Under the moonlight. My eyes stared at a dusty brick on the wall...but my mind was drifting to the memory of me and Elijah at the lake. Before i could recall  the moment where he embraced me, my stability disappeared by the announcement of a figure arriving down the steps of the dungeon or chamber that i was trapped in.

I knew it was useless. But i  still prayed that Niklaus was not the owner of the boots that came down the steps. Hm, another ability. I could hear incredibly better than i did before my human death. But this was also a disadvantage at that moment: you see i heard another pair of feet come down the steps as well.

And  before i knew it....they...were in front of me:

The Brothers who stole my happiness!

klaus

I watched her lay on the ground like an innocent child.

I bet she planned it all! Her new vampire form made my blood boil! My curse...would  NEVER BE CURED!

My hands got antsy. I wanted to squeeze her throat. I wanted to squeeze the life out of her!

But then i remembered the news my brother had earlier revealed to me. My daughter. My...offspring exists. However, if this was another ploy to save his darling Katerina, i would make the rest of my brother's existence a living HELL!

"Now, Katerina, before i obviously get ready to end you're petty petty existence, would you care to explain where in God's name is my DAUGHTER?? Oh and how did she even come to be? If you have not noticed...i'm A VAMPIRE! I have never heard in all my existence of a child born from the...uh...let's say....courtship of a human and a vampire" i watched as the hungry girl fidgeted. I took pleasure in the violence in her eyes. Mainly, because that violence was purely directed at my brother. 

Katerina looked at me.

"Don't call me Katerina!" she shouted like she had forgotten who i was...a predator and right now, she was the prey, "That girl died" after spitting out her last sentence, she winked at me. Looks like she knew her death changed all my plans. Ruined all my plans!