Chapter 17 - Loveless

klaus

We had reached the poor side of town. Where the city was alive. Acctually alive.

Why did i not go here more often, i thought to myself as Elijah's carriage stopped at a old red tent. A black woman stood out side, her face full of confusion and worry. Something had gone wrong. Usually witches were prepared. Espacially Benett witches. I could tell by the way she looked. She was more civilised then the colored people of this time. Benett women always had more elegance, but they held so much power that it frigtened me in my sleep. 

Well, less frightened..they were just like an itch. A tiny itch.

Plus, every witch i had come across was scared as Hell of me. So the itch was just...an itch. 

The air was very thin. Cold. This only happened when magic had occured in the area. Powerful magic. From the Benett witches's face, i couldn't tell if she had caused the magic or something else had. I really could not tell.

"Elijah, something terri-" she was about to finish her sentence, but then her eyes had seen me. She backed away a little from the carriage window. Elijah looked took a deep breath. The witch just looked stone cold angry. She was about to whisper something before Elijah told her i was here to help. See....the fear is immediate. The name Niklaus Mikaelson really does mean something round here.

"You can see how having this many vampires in my home, in my company will do for my reputation as a witch" she bluntly told Elijah.

Rebekah peckered in, "Well, darling, we don't give a shit", she truly had a way with words. The witch took a sigh of acceptance. 

We all followed her into the red tent.

Elijah looked shocked for starters. Slightly hurt too. I quickly noticed the empty cot. Empty. 

"Where are they, Mariah?" Elijah turned to Mariah Benett with a sharp intensity. I feared what the witch would tell us. Something felt...icky....in the room. Something felt changed. Different. Completely different.

"Hm" Mariah said, not a happy "Hm" and that really irritated my brother and me. We both had a twin short tempers.

"Tell me!" he ordered her.

She began to shiver then.

"How to explain this....well... they...you're....a some...sort of...portal opened...yes....and a woman, she was young, she took Nikole into the portal....so instinctively the doppelganger charged for her daughter....and also went into the...the..." she stared sadly into Elijah's eyes, "I was too late" she admitted.

All i could think was: Shite! Shite! Shite!

My only way to breaking this curse had been lost...in a FUCKING SHIT PORTAL.

A portal.

The Gods seemed to hate me today.

katerina

Elijah, what. What. What was happening? He looked so weird. And where the hell was i? I was in some sort of room, which a large, very large bed. And a big black smooth screen. Was it some sort of window? Had it no been cleaned? I looked up. I saw some sort of magic. There was no lantern. No fire. But we had light in the whole room.

Oh lord. Nikole. The changes nearly blindsided me to my objective.

"Elijah, where's Nikole?!?!" i screeched to him, you could still hear the sob in the back of my voice. My heart never seemed to mend, it was forever wounded.

He looked confused. Then he back away from me and looked at me from top to bottom. His jaw dropped and gasped.

"Oh my God. Oh God" he stole my hand and zoomed out of the bed room. We were now in a big room. The living room, i guessed.