fourteen | the storm

Dedicated to @smiles_giggles because your quote fit perfectly in a part of this chapter. Guys thanks for all the quotes you commented, they were all absolutely amazing. Some of them I'm even planning on making into posters and placing them on my wall.

For this chapter, I reccommend going on rainymood.com and letting that play in the background. If you're on mobile, you don't have to. I just reccomended it because this chapter has to do with rain and if you wanted to relate the rain would help. Not required :)

Song on sidebar (reccommended as well) - Atlantis by Ellie Goulding.

fourteen | the storm

Liam.

Of course I had to be the one to mess up. Why was I letting her stay? She already hurt me so much yet I keep letting her in.

Danielle freaking Peazer, the girl who keeps turning my world upside down.

She called about half an hour ago and asked to stay over the night since there was a flash storm warning in our area. That and she was afraid of the thunder. She once told me the story of how her phobia began, she was only eleven. She was playing with one of her dolls, despite the storm, and at one point the thunder struck the tree right outside of her house and it lit on fire.

She had told me that she was frozen in place. The fire captivated her, but the repeated bangs of thunder caused her chest to constrict. Now, every time there's a thunderstorm, I would be there with her. I'd be the person to hold her to my chest and protect her.

I helped Sophia up to her room after our conversation about her book. She said that she was tired and wanted to get deeper into her book, so I took her up.

Now, I sat on the sofa and waited for Danielle.

Danielle P: Can you leave the door open..? Sorry to sound needy, but I just want to get in quickly.

Me: Anything for you Dani, you know that. I'd do anything for you.

She didn't reply, so I lent my head against the back of the couch where I had blankets and pillows set up for us to just watch movies together. I stood up and unlocked the door then walked up the stairs into the bathroom. I used the toilet quickly then walked down the hallway but stopped in front of Sophia's open door.

She was sitting on the window seat with her head pressed against the glass. She was tracing lines on the fogged glass with her breathing soft. Her legs were pulled to her chest leaving a bit of space, so I walked to her.

Her body froze when she heard me but it also calmed when she took a breath in. "What're you doing?" I asked and sat down adjacent to her.

She shook her head and continued tracing lines on the condensed window, "I hear the storm coming." Her index finger twirled the straight line into a pivot point, "It isn't too far off, but it's heavy."

I looked at her with the moonlight reflecting on her skin. Her pale blue eyes were an eerie pretty, a color that I'd only seen her pull off without looking haunted. I stared at her a while longer then closed my eyes tightly. I wanted to feel how it was to be her.

I stretched my hand and placed it on the glass as well, "How do you hear it, I can't." I mumbled quietly while trying to listen for anything.

"There's always a storm lingering, they just don't all fall. Only sometimes the storm washes over the town and leave the winds in distress. I can hear the different whistles in the wind. It's almost like they're warning us. They're warning us that this storm will be bad for us, it isn't a normal storm, it's one that'll reveal things."