seventeen | (part two)

comment of the chapter: @barrettspillow: I'm not trying to be a suck-up, but I really like this story because it's more than just a fanfiction. They say that what you write (songs, stories, or whatever suits your fancy) expresses your inner self. So maybe you've got Demons by Imagine Dragons.

I just really love this comment :) <3

previously in blinded..

The battle inside was a raging fire that was blazing through the night. No amount of water could put the flames to rest, but the waters weren't calming. They came stronger and more determined to cease the heat.

I just wish that it would rain again; God was in the rain.

"God is in the rain," I muttered to myself, silently listening to the distant shocks of thunder. "He is in the rain." I whispered.

seventeen in the rain [part two]

Sophia.

"V for Vendetta, is it?" He asked nonchalantly before dropping himself on the couch, "When Evey stands out in the rain, those were the words she said." He popped his gum, "Am I right?" Ed asked humorously.

"How did you know?"

"It was the worst movie ever made."

I scoffed, "Have you ever thought that maybe you just couldn't understand its brilliance? That movie deserves every award there is out there." My heart started pumping on adrenaline as I defended my favorite movie.

"It came out in 2005, Sophia, how did you understand its brilliance," he mocked, "You were a year into your teenage life."

I knocked my thumbs together, "When you listen to movies, you understand them in a whole new light. I'll never be able to see the Guy Fawkes mask he wore, or the dance he shared the night of his revolution, but I heard the words he spoke, and why he was doing what he did. Reasoning is the best entertainment of them all."

"I just liked the fighting." He laughed, "Isn't it a coincidence that I disagree with most of your favorite things? To Kill a Mockingbird, this movie, what's next, is your favorite song by an artist I dislike?" He joked.

"There are no coincidences, only the illusion of coincidences." I said, quoting V.

We slipped into a comfortable silence, the only sound being the faint sounds of traveling cars and distant voices.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, "We've been at the rec since twelve and its quarter to eight."

I nodded, "I'm starving." His hand hoisted my body up and led me to a small sitting area. When I was sitting on the island stool I heard him open the refrigerator.

"I think I have some leftovers from a day ago, you don't mind do you?"

I shook my head.

I listened as he put the Tupperware on the countertop and sort them into plates. He microwaved them seperately, and within five minutes a plate of food was sitting in front of me.

"My masterpiece of local Chinese food!" He exclaimed and placed a fork in my hand. His body nudged mine as he sat on the stool that was next to me.

I thanked him and took a forkful of the food in my mouth. Soon enough, I was shoveling more and more feeling how hungry I actually was. I inwardly laughed when I heard how fast his utencil hit the plate, "I win!" he chimed.

I knit eyebrows together as I took another bite, "We were racing?"

"Oh, I thought that's why you were eating so fast."