twenty-two | extras

comment of the chapter:@ElizabethStairs: This is so beautiful.:,) Your writing has kind of made me appreciate the rehab place, because I feel like I can understand the twisted darkness of it. That probably makes no sense, but from past experience, I can really relate to the story. AND THE OCEAN METAPHOR. I love that more than chocolate.:') I just really love your writing/story! Plus, I love that you don't want this story to be like, "wow he said I'm pretty, I'm in love". There's waaaaay to many of those stories, and I'm just so glad your being different.:) Much love, xx!

previously.

He hugged me back, "You're welcome. Now hurry up and tell me where your clothes are, we only have twenty-three more hours of our post-Christmas celebration."

"Post-Christmas?"

"Since I wasn't here for Christmas, we are going to celebrate it the day after. Now, hurry up, you're moving slower than my dead turtle."

I had absolutely no inspiration for this chapter, then I found myself listening to King of Heaven by Hillsong on repeat. They're a Christian band, and they recently expanded their band with new voices. This song is on their new album ZION. It's really amazing. I'm sorry if this seems like I'm pushing my belief of you (again) but I just feel like I should use the reads I have for a good. I'm not some crazy Christian who walks down the street screaming John 3:16, I'm a teenager who has found herself in God (holla Jesus). Remember, I'm always here to talk if something is wrong. You can contact me either by messaging me or sending me a kik message. Anyway, that song really inspired me for this chapter. If you listen to anything off their album, I hope it is a blessing. Much love and happy reading. :)

twenty-twoextras

Sophia.

As soon as I stepped foot into my apartment, the strong scent of vanilla hit my nostrils. Surrounding the peaceful serenity was strong coffee that eased every tense muscle in my body. The two smells had me at an instant relaxation.

Before I could ask what was going on, I heard Ed pressing a few different buttons.

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what." Spoke a southern woman with a frail voice, quoting Atticus Finch's famous words. The woman's voice came from the speaker I knew laid to the left of the kitchen.

On top of the soft speaking, a song was present from another speaker, "You tore the night apart, and ripped the silent skies in half. Your glory breaking through the dark, and here our worlds collide. Divinity in man confined, this great design drawn out for me." The song that I would listen to daily, before all the changes in my schedule, played behind the woman reciting To Kill a Mockingbird. 

Both of my hands were lifted and placed on a cold, bumpy surface. It was a mask, and Ed was wearing it.

"You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it." He said softly and dragged my fingers along every crease and nook in the mask. I closed my eyes as I ran my fingers across the Guy Fawkes mask from V for Vendetta as Ed quoted.

I was back in the world where the metaphoric ocean surrounded me.

"God is in the rain." He quoted the movie I adored. His fingertips began coursing along my face after I heard him place the mask on a surface. "V was quite an intelligent man, wasn't he?"

I nodded, "Greatest of them all." I breathed out slowly. "Why are you doing this?"

He laughed softly, "Because you're special to me." I felt him lean forward. After what felt like hours, my cheek was graced with the softest touch from his lips, "And of all people I know, you deserve a day to revel in paradise, not the deathly paradox you've created in your mind."