sixteen | senses

Guys I haven't written in Sophia's perspective for a few chapters! You're getting her take on things now. :)

please don't be freaked out by this chapter :( & make sure to tell me your opinion at the end, especially for this chapter.

previously in blinded..

I jumped up from my dark room, flung the door open and ran out into the dark hall. I didn't even wait, I grabbed her small figure and placed my lips on hers.

I tilted my head to one side and moved my lips, but hers were immobile. She felt different, her lips were more chapped and she felt more meaty. I reached my hand up to tangle my figures with her curly mess of hair, but paused when I felt it.

Her hair was damp and wavy.

This wasn't Danielle.

I opened my eyes and was face to face with the girl with icy blue eyes.

"Sophia," I whispered.

sixteen | senses

Sophia.

I shook my head when my name started falling from his lips. It didn't sound right, not after that, the voice inside of me said.

"I'm really sorry," he said quickly, "I didn't mean to." He said apologetically.

I nodded, still slightly shocked. Without realizing, I lifted my fingertips and brushed the skin of my lips where his were shortly before. The skin felt abnormal, it didn't feel like it belonged to me.

I felt like a flame was gracefully put down on my mouth, and not the good flame that you hear about in movies. This flame felt lethal, like at any second, it would become a raging fire and terminate my very existence.

I felt his curious gaze on me. I knew that his eyes were fixated on me, and I didn't like that I couldn't defend myself. "What's wrong, why are you touching your lips?" He asked slowly.

I shrugged and let my hands drop to my sides before placing one on the wall, leading to my temporary room. I secretly prayed that I'd be able to go home again; that since I was diagnosed with an identity disorder, that they'd allow me to return to the place I felt most comfortable.

My mind wandered to shortly before, to what I heard through the loo door. They were quarreling, then I heard nothing, not that I was listening to, but that frightened me. What scared me the most was when she sounded physically pained and said that he was hurting her.

When I felt the transition from wooden floorboards to soft carpet, I knew that I had entered the room. With the tips of my toes as an obstacle hunter, I avoided any objects in my way as I quickly ambled to the bed.

I automatically pulled the sheets over my body. While in the comfort of the blanket, I trailed my fingers over my lips again. The burn had subsided, but the hushed tingle was still left.

The door creaked open and my body stiffened. It was Liam, of course. I knew by the slight smell of musky cologne that entered as he did. "Sophia," he called out softly, "Can I come in?"

"You're in already." I pointed out.

"I suppose," he said lightly. His feet padded along the carpet and the edge of the bed sunk when he sat. "Look, about what happened just now," he started, but I cut him off.

"What did you do to the girl that was here?" I asked tersely. "I heard you two arguing, and I heard the lewd things you said to her, but I also heard her telling you that you hurt her. What did you do to her, Liam?"