eleven | a new symphony

Dedicated to @AnythingAnEverything ! you're comment was absolutely beautiful and made me smile <3 Thank you girl!

Song: Cold Coffee – Ed Sheeran

Before the chapter, I want to deeply apologize for the extremely long wait on this book. I’ve been going to so much these path two months and wow I’m surprised that I survived. I hope you all still love this book as much as I do because it’s only going to get better from here.

eleven |a new symphony

Sophia.

I closed my eyes and tried to shut out the noise being emitted from downstairs. Their laughing and chattering was sickening to my ears. The more I tried to blank out the sounds, the louder it became. I don’t know if they were arguing or just being extremely obnoxious, but either way, I felt anger pulse through my body.

I kept my eyes shut and began to do something I learned from my dad. He once told me to do this whenever I felt overwhelmed by the world.

I took three deep breaths and then held the fourth one as I tried to think of a memory from my past that caused me to calm down.

Usually the memory consisted of my father twirling me in the air, or him letting me dance on his toes, but this time the only thing that came across my mind was me laughing at an extremely corny joke. That is what I focused on.

            “You are deep; deep like the ocean.”

I laughed to myself as I let out the breath. Maybe Liam was a major asshole, but I couldn’t lie to myself, he was a pretty cool dude when he wasn’t being all stuck up.

It sucks that I put a portion of me into him even though I barely knew him. I feel like I should plain out laugh at myself because I put my trust into someone who wasn’t there through it all. The only reason I once thought that he could believe in me was because of the day we met. He was modest and showed it by helping me. I was completely broken and he literally helped me find my way back home. That day means nothing anymore.

It feels so close yet so far.

That day made me realize that we all have our walls that we’ve built with each struggle we’ve underwent. It also made me realize that certain people have the natural effect on breaking those walls. Certain people would be the perfect fitting circle that fit right into the empty slot.

I honestly and wholeheartedly want you all to know that I know what I’m saying sounds like love, but it definitely isn’t.

It’s me being thankful, thankful for Liam being the person to break through. Although he isn’t the guy I thought he was, I know that even though I may be miles away, mentally, that someone could always bring me back.

I found my fingers mindlessly tracing a small pattern on the comforter I laid on. I shut my eyelids and felt my breathing even out. My body was slipping into a peaceful rest up until a shout from downstairs woke me up. It wasn’t directed to me, but I knew there was an argument of sorts going on down there. I was definitely not going, nor did I want to hear about it, but the intensity of it increased its sound.

“I just need to know, are you cheating on me?” He growled.

“Liam, please just listen to my side of the story?” The female voice pleaded.

Times like these are where I strongly dislike the fact that my four remaining senses are increased drastically. Due to the rise of my hearing, this dispute sounded like it’s going on two doors down. I know it isn’t actually because I heard the soft murmurs from other voices telling him to calm down.