Jealous Lovers, Undercovers

Louis didn't like Nick.

He didn't like the way Nick talked to Harry, he didn't like the way Nick wanted to pull Harry aside so often "for a quick word", as he would say, he didn't like the way Nick always made Harry laugh.

Louis did not like him.

Harry had been spending way too much time with him lately. Always out for his radio show, early in the morning when Harry would otherwise be cuddled up with Louis on the other side of London. It made Louis' blood boil when he would wake up and find the bed empty next to him.

And it was all Nick Grimshaw's fault.

~

Louis sat in the kitchen one morning by himself, sipping on his tea and eating toast. Louis was sh*t at cooking, and toast was about as close as he could come to something edible. Yet another reason why he was livid at Harry for always leaving.

He heard the front door open and close as Harry walked in. Louis didn't look up as he came into the kitchen and went straight to the fridge. He pulled out some food and went about preparing it, and both men thoroughly ignored each other. The silence was a tense one, and it nearly suffocated Louis.

"What's your deal?" Harry said suddenly, whirling around to face his boyfriend's back.

Louis didn't respond right away. Instead he took a few sips of his tea before placing it down slowly.

"I don't know what you're going on about."

"Oh, come off it!" Harry scoffed. "Just man up and tell me, Louis. Stop acting like there's nothing wrong."

"Why don't you tell me, Harry?" Louis kept his voice calm despite the anger that flared up within him. He took another sip of his tea. "Something been bothering you lately?"

"Your attitude has been bothering me," Harry replied. "Your entire atitude towards me lately has been bothering me. So why don't you tell me what that's all about instead of acting like a child?"

Louis scoffed. "Don't go there, Harry," he warned. He really wasn't in the mood to argue with him.

"No, I think I will, Louis. What is it, huh? Is it because I've been spending more time with Nick than with you?"

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Louis kept his tone nonchalant. "You know, I've been looking in the magazines lately. People seem to think that you two have something going on. Might wanna go public with that soon."

"Goodness, Lou!" Harry threw his hands up. "You know what, come talk to me when you're done being a diva. Sh*t."

Harry turned on his heel and walked away, shaking his head. Louis could be so stupid sometimes- instead of coming out and saying how he felt, he'd rather play little games to rile him up.

Louis huffed into his cup as Harry walked off. No way, he was not getting off this easy. Louis slammed his cup on the table and stormed down the hallway after his boyfriend. Who really didn't feel like his boyfriend in this moment, but. Whatever.

"You know, now that you mention it," he fought to keep his voice even, "yeah, I do have a problem with you being with Nick."

Harry turned to look at him as he continued to walk away. "Oh, look, the little diva finally has something important to say. We'd better listen up or he'll throw a hissy fit-"

Harry's words were cut off when Louis grabbed him by the shoulders and slammed him into the wall. Harry's breath hitched as he looked into the eyes of his angry lover.

"First off," Louis said, keeping his voice low, "stop with all the diva sh*t. Second off, yeah, like I said, I don't f*cking like you leaving me for Nick every f*cking morning. It makes me sick."