Chapter 8

I plodded into the Uchiha compound, angry and annoyed.

“I could’ve gone on the mission today!” I ranted, “I’m well enough!” Manami just trailed behind, a lit cigarette in her mouth.

“Migome, you collapsed onto the ground. I’m surprised Naruto even gave you a second chance!”

“Tch.” I grunted, before stopping mid step.

A little girl, raven hair, onyx eyes. And, she was standing right in front of me. Something tightened in my stomach,

What’s wrong with Migi-san?” She asked, tilted her slightly see through head to the side.

“What’s wrong?” I heard Manami ask. I didn’t dare blink, if I did, I knew she’d disappear. I pointed at the girl,

“Don’t you see her?!” I exclaimed, eyes wide. Manami jogged up beside me, she looked at where I was pointing. But not what I was pointing too.

“What?” She asked, looking side to side, “There’s nothing here.” I shook my head,

“Right there! A little girl!” Manami leaned back and lazily scratched the back of her head.

“Well, I don’t see nothin’. I d’know, maybe because you have that special keikeigenki you can see… well, whatever it is your seeing!” I nodded slowly, accepting the fact that, I may possibly not be crazy! I forced my eyes closed and took in a few deep breathes.

When I re-opened them, I expected the apparition to be gone.

I was wrong.

I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming, or barfing, one of those.

The little girl still had that innocent, clueless look on her face. But, her cute little nightgown, which was as white as snow, was drenched in a gooey red substance, also known as blood. Her face held cuts and bruises. I saw that there were small indents in her arm from where someone had grabbed her roughly,

“Who-Who did this?” I choked out. Manami cocked her head to the side. The little girl giggled,

“Guess!” She cooed happily as she disappeared into thin air,

“W-Wait!” I shouted to nobody, “Come back!” I flinched slightly when Manami touched my arm lightly. I looked at her and she shook her head at me. I scowled and yanked my arm away from her, “Don’t touch me.” A wall went up then, it was for protection. Not physical, but emotional. I don’t need someone taking pity on me. Why would you need help if your strong enough to take care of things yourself? If you’re not strong enough, train more, get strong! If you aren’t, then you’ll just die off. It’s the life cycle.

And I, for one, am strong enough to handle myself.

_____________________________

Really short, don’t stab me with a fork…. Please TT.TT