Chapter 15

My mother smiled, her eyes crinkling at the edges. “My little girl,” She cooed, “Going on her first mission.” I paused for only a moment to roll my eyes, before continuing to pack my bag as quickly as possible. My mother clasped her hands together, her smile dropping instantly, only to be replaced with a concerned frown. “Pack something warm! And, make sure to stay close to Kakashi, okay?” I ignored the woman’s ramblings, figuring that I had packed enough already. I stood, swinging the bag over my back.

“Bye.” I muttered, storming to the door. I just wanted to leave, already. I wanted to get as far away from the leaf as possible, and closer to the unknown. That’s the only place that’s been interesting me lately, the unknown. First the little ghost girl, then Haru, then my unusual headache, and now this. It was all foreign to me, for I’d never had so much change in my life at once. It’d all been the same thing, over and over.

As I walked through the garden, I started thinking of all those before me who’d walking in my exact spot. Generations of Uchiha’s had walked the same path as me, each planting their footprint into the history of my clan. A small smile graced my features as I ducked my head, letting a seed of pride plant itself into my chest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“So, we’re all here?” Kakashi looked around, gaging the moods of everyone around him. I lent on my right leg, fighting off the irritation that threatened to spoil my good mood that I rarely got to enjoy for long periods of time.

“Yes, now can we go?” Momoe had changed into her less irritating form, and towards over us students, while staying level headed with Kakashi. Even with the change in features, you could clearly see that the two were related. Briefly, I wondered who Kakashi had gotten with to create such an unusual child.

I glanced up at my powerful sensei, and figured I should ask her when she’s in her child form. And, I didn’t want Kakashi to be around when I asked my question of who her mother was, due to the rudeness. Despite that, I wanted to know. And whatever I wanted, I got.

“Migome,” Haru poked my side, “Snap out of it, we’re leaving.” Manami grunted, walking ahead of the carriage I’d failed to pay attention to.

“I’m sorry for the trouble!” The old man wheezed, whipping the reigns to his horses to get the overly sized vehicle moving. “I hope I’m not causing any of you to give up date’s you’d had.” Momoe simply grunted, while Kakashi chatted happily with the man.

“Do old men always bond so easily?” I grunted, aiming my question to Haru. He merely laughed,

“Well, I wouldn’t know. My dad isn’t all that old in the first place, but my grandfather seems to be in a crabby mood most of the time, and doesn’t like talking to many people outside of the clan.” The Hyuuga side, he meant, since Naruto had been the only Uzumaki known to be alive, that is, until Haru came along.

I merely grunted in response, not wanting to talk anymore. So, Haru and I walked in silence, comfortable with the mere presence of each other. Out of the blue, I felt warmth encase my hands. My onyx eyes shot to the side, where Haru was still walking with the same goofy grin as always, like his father. Slowly, my gaze travelled lower, finding his hand wrapped around my own.

I returned my attention to the front of me, before closing my eyes and linking my fingers between his. I felt his being stiffen, before he relaxed into my grip. This was rare for me, and we both knew it, so he better be taking all he could from the moment.

I know I was.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“We’ll stop here for the night.” Kakashi groaned as he stretched his worn limbs, whereas the old traveller man, who was now a new best friend to Kakashi, jumped down from his seat to unpack his own things.

“Someone needs to help me release my horse.” He croaked, sounding worn out. I glared at the man, finding him unworthy of fatigue, as all he’d down was sit on his wrinkly ass all damn day and talk. Haru groaned, collapsing onto the ground.

“I’ll help!” Kakashi chattered, perking up at a chance to hear more about the old man’s life. I didn’t know what was so exciting, for I’d never had the patience for the elderly.

“What time is it?” Manami murmured, approaching me.

“Do I look like I have a watch?” She merely shrugged, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it. Taking in a desperate drag, she seemed to instantly calm. Manami’s eyes slowly slipped closed as he breathed the smoke out into my face, to which I narrowed my eyes.

The smell of smoke didn’t bother me, but I didn’t appreciate how deliberate she was. A hand rose and scratched under Manami’s hat, before her eyes slowly fluttered open once more. “You need to learn to calm down.” And then, she walked away. The Uzumaki propped himself up onto his elbows, staring after the girl with a raised brow.

“She’s weird sometimes.” With a grunt as a response, I spotted Momoe, who’d only just changed back to her childlike form.

“I’ll be back.” This was my chance. Kakashi was too busy helping the old man, and my sensei wouldn’t have her bad temper lurking around to scold me for asking about her mother. “Sensei,” I asked, trying to keep my tone light, which was especially hard for me considering I fell into the stereotype of an angsty teen with no manners.

Yes, I am well aware of my behaviour.

“Hm~?” Momoe turned, grinning at me. I squatted, smiling kindly.

“I’m curious, who’s your mother?” Momoe was silent for a moment, before her own smile was on her face.

“Who knows!” She chimed, spinning on her toes. I just blinked, confused by her answer.

“What do you-“

“I was left in a basket on daddies doorstep,” She interrupted, “But, he later found out that I’m his real daughter.” Momoe shrugged, grinning. “Who knows how I was born?”

One night stand; she was unwanted. The thought ran through my head instantly, although I brushed it away. I needn’t force such a thought upon her, for the meaner Momoe would surely hurt me. So, I only nodded and rose. Smiling once more, I thanked her and turned to leave. “Migome~,” Momoe called from behind me, making me stop in my tracks. “You should smile more, you’re pretty.” I closed my eyes, continuing towards Haru.

“So I’ve heard.”

_________________________________________

LOLWAT. I UPLOADED. WAT. THIS WAS UNEXPECTED. WHAT WAS ALSO UNEXPECTED IS THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER GUIDJS 

okay, i'm done fawning. I'm just surprised, is all. I hope you forgive me :c hopefully this is longer, or imma be really sad :c

Also, I have some stories that i want to write, but I can't decide which one I want to start first. TOO MANY PAIRINGS 9UQAIODSJK and, they're not Sasuke based c: which is why I'm asking you guys: What stories out of these would you want delivered first, maybe? (I might write more than one at a time)

1. Itachi story
2. Hidan story
3. Deidara story

It's up to you guys to influence me :D (yes, this is copied and pasted from the Sucked in again chapter, but seriously, I'm lazy, so, yea. lol? >.> <.< )