Chapter 7

"Are we ready guys!?" Cheered Momoe as she threw her hands into the air enthusiastically,

"Yes!" Haru cheered as he ran into the Hokage's office, "Dad! What's my-" At that moment, Manami slammed her fist into his head, making him smack into the wooden floor... Hard,

"Shut it, it's too early to deal with your loud voice." Manami sighed and looked up at the laughing blonde with the Hokage cap on,

"Sorry Uncle Naruto-"

"Wait wait wait!" I exclaimed as I stormed into the room, "Uncle?" Naruto blinked from his chair, his feet propped up onto the desk,

"Yea, Manami's my god daughter. Didn't you know that Migome?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms moodily,

"Of course not, who would even bother finding out that information...?" I muttered while avoiding eye contact. Naruto chuckled slightly, sitting in his chair properly. I finally looked up when I heard him flip through a few pieces of paper.

His eyes read the words on the pages, I could see his frustration growing as he read each word. After the third page, he slammed the papers down onto the desk with an irritated moan,

"These missions are too easy for you guys!"

"Hokage-sama!" Hissed one of Naruto's advisors. She was a young one, brown hair with emerald eyes. A little pudgy but still a healthy weight, she looked to be around her late twenties too. Not too young but not too old.

"Oh hush, I'm only going to give them a C rank." The woman gave him an astonished look,

"But Hokage-sama! Their only genin! And it's only their first mission!" Manami sighed, although, from the way her body stiffened afterwards, she didn't mean for it to be so loud.

Naruto gave us an amused look,

"Bring me Kakashi sensei." The woman gave him a look,

"What do you say after?" Naruto rolled his eyes,

"Please~!" He drawled out, the woman nodded in approval.

"Good." I took a quick intake of breath when she suddenly disappeared. Even Manami looked slightly impressed. Haru, of course, wasn't so shocked. No doubt he knew about this woman's skills, no matter how well she hides them.

"I need a quick assistant." Naruto explained casually as he placed his feet onto the table again, "Takami seemed the quickest out of all the auditions, so I hired her."

"I know that." I snapped, before turning away from him. I tried to focus my attention on something less irritating as Momoe started to talk nonstop.

Before I knew it, there was a slow knock on the door,

"You called?" I heard a male ask.

"-The miso ram- Daddy!" Momoe exclaimed, cutting herself off mid sentence. The man chuckled when I turned around,

"Just like old times." The white haired ninja smiled a one-eye-closed smile. He had a blue mask cover most of his face, and his headband was drooping over one eye.

"How can you hit people using only one eye?" I asked with a raised eye brow,

"With great skill, little Uchiha." I grunted and turned to face Naruto, waiting for his orders. He stood and gave a hearty laugh,

"Kakashi! I haven't seen you in ages!" So his name's Kakashi...

"Hey, just because your Hokage doesn't mean that you lose the formalities." Naruto pursed his lips, "So, it's Kakashi sensei. Not 'Kakashi'."

"Whatever...." Naruto muttered before sitting back down, "Anyway," Naruto pulled out a sheet of paper. Momoe 'ooh'ed and Kakashi walked forward curiously, "The mission I want you all to go on, is in the land of lightening." My heart stopped in my chest. I gripped at my head and collapsed to my knees,

"Gaah!" I yelled as I slammed my head onto the floorboards.

"Migome!" Haru exclaimed as he ran to me,

"Get away!" I screamed as I shook him off.

Snakes wrapped around me, tightening, squeezing the life out of me.

"Misfotune will follow you after the land of lightening." A voice played in my head, it was fimiliaur, but I couldn't place a finger on it...

I jumped when a scream echoed around me,

"T-That's Manami!" I stuttered. The voice continued,

"Bonds will be formed, only to be broken into millions of tiny pieces, unable to be restored again." I shook my head,

"I have no bonds. I am Migome Uchiha, I'm alone."

"Bonds will be formed, only to be bro-" The voice echoed around me, repeating over and over. A hissing in my ear reminded me that I was still trapped.

I gritted my teeth and squeezed my eyes shut when I heard a male call my name.

"MIGOME!"

"MIGOME!" Naruto screamed in my face, I sat straight up, banging my head against his. I hissed in pain and gripped at my scalp as my head throbbed.

"Are you alright?!" Haru breathed, I looked at him and saw that he had a concerned frown placed onto his face.

"Yea." I muttered as I stood on jelly legs. Manami managed to steady me,

"Are you sure you're alright?" Naruto asked,

"It's not every day you collapse after screaming your lungs out for a good twenty minutes." Kakashi finished. I frowned and looked at the ground.

Twenty minutes? But... it only seemed like twenty seconds...

"I'm positive." I confirmed when I realised everyone was expecting an answer. Naruto scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I'm not gonna give a mission to a sick shinobi." I glanced up at the young Hokage, looking far beyond his years at this point in time, "Migome, I want someone to take you home. You're far too weak to carry out this mission." My eyes widened, "You are disslu-"

"I can do the mission!" I exclaimed, trying not to whimper at the pounding in my head. Naruto raised his eye brow,

"Can you now?"

"Migome..." Momoe murmured, "Your sick, you can't carry out this mission!" I shook my head slightly.

"I can do this!"

"But..." Manami cupped her elbow, finding nothing to use against me. Haru said nothing at all, for once. He just stared at me, worry in his eyes.

"Fine." Naruto sighed in defeat, "Be here, 9am sharp. If you're sick or late, you're not getting the mission. The rest of you, until tomorrow." Everyone bowed, except for me.

"I'll take her back." Manami turned to me, "Come on." I closed my eyes as she lifted my arm and put it around her shoulders.

""I can walk myself." I snapped as I yanked away from her. "Tch!" I grunted, my head felt like it was pulsing with pain!

As I walked out of the room, Manami behind me, the last words I heard echoed around my head, adding to the pain and frustration I was feeling.

"You will die."