Chapter 16

After what felt like a drawn out nightmare, the blur of the desired village in the land of Lightening was visible on the horizon. Haru visibly relaxed from beside me; having been away from a shower and flushing toilet for a few days, he wasn’t doing too well. His father was rich after all, and the Hyuuga clan took good care of its kin- too good, maybe. It made him weak in the wilderness areas, as he had already skulled his water and eaten all his food. Haru, apparently, didn’t know the meaning of conservation.

“Remind me to take you camping.” I jabbed at the blond’s side, my elbow digging deep.

“Say what you want, as long as I get the first shower.” Haru ran a hand through his hair with a face of disgust, “It feels bad, even for me.” Grimacing, I didn’t bother to hide my step away from him. “I don’t blame you,” Haru mumbled,  letting his hand fall to his side, “I’d do the same.”

“You need to learn how to keep yourself clean while in the wilderness.” Manami fell into step beside us, removing her hat to show fairly clean, dyed hair. Haru’s mouth opened a fraction to say something, but I interrupted.

“Yeah, look at mine.” I ran a hand through my own stands, “Clean.”

“How?” Haru was looking pouty by now, seeming to be ashamed of his lack of hygiene.

“Two words,” Manami answered, having put her hat back on her head, hiding most of her hair. “Dry shampoo.”

_______________________________________

Having escorted the old man safely to his home, we searched for our Inn.

“Here.” Kakashi stopped in front of a large building, having Momoe on his shoulders.

“It’s so big~!” I’d long learned to ignore the childish babbles of my sensei, and merely pushed open the door.

The first thing my eyes landed on was the front desk, which a girl around my age was behind. Her hair was the colour of night and pulled back into a sight bun. I wasn’t sure if that was uniform for the Inn, or if she wore the bun willingly.

If it was the latter, she was an idiot.

The next thing I noticed was the décor. The room itself was fairly plain, the walls were white and the floorboards under my feet didn’t look too expensive. There were a few lounge seats pushed against the wall with a small coffee table, but that was just about it.

As the rest of my team entered, a small bell chimed to alert of our arrival. The girl shot up from her seat, and if I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought she was sleeping on the job.

“Welcome.” She greeted without hesitation, “How may I help you?” Kakashi approached the desk, lifting Momoe off his shoulders .

“We have a reservation for five.” The girl was about to sit back down to type on her computer, before her eyes landed on me. Instantly they narrowed, and in response, I, too, narrowed my eyes. Of course my glare was much more effective, being an Uchiha, but she tried.

“She needs to leave.” Maybe my glare was a little too harsh. Kakashi raised his hands in a surrendering gesture,

“Hey, look, can’t we sort this out. I understand that her kind isn’t-“ The receptionist wasn’t having any of his excuses, and cut the older Hatake off harshly.

“Uchiha’s aren’t welcome here. Now, if you don’t mind, can you leave, or do I have to call my manager?” The girl’s magenta orbs bore into mine, but I refused to back down.

“Excuse you,” My input alone made Kakashi groan. “You’ve never met me, how do you know who I am? For all you know, I could be his daughter!” I pointed a finger at Kakashi to make my point. But, the girl jumped out from the back of the desk, confronting me.

“Your hair is black with a blue shine, your eyes are black, like your soul, and your skin is as pale as snow. Don’t get me started on the attitude problems you all carry.” The girl put a hand on her hip, resting her weight on her left leg.

I opened my mouth to retort, before two words flashed through my head.

You all.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked instead, all anger gone, replaced by confusion. Manami, Haru, Momoe and Kakashi all stayed quiet, letting me sort out my clan issues.

The girl scoffed, “Don’t act like you don’t know.”

“Don’t know what?” The anger started seeping back into my chest, but I pushed it down, not wanting to upset the girl too soon, or she wouldn’t answer my questions.

An eyebrow was raised, “Your brothers and sisters?” My face was blank. “They all roll through here eventually, looking for ‘Daddy’.” I’m sure my face was a picture of pure horror, because even Miss Tight-Bun seemed to ease up a little. “You didn’t know?”

Shaking my head, I asked the important question. “How many have you met?” The girl back up to the desk, leaning back onto the surface and sighing, her temper cooling.

“At least six. They were all around the same age, a three year gap between them all at the most.” She looked me up and down, “How old are you?”

“Fifteen.” The girl crinkled her nose,

“You’re the youngest by far. The others were around nineteen.”

The same age as Hatsuni.

The thought of my half-sister alone made my blood boil, and the thought that I had other siblings scattered throughout the land was enough to drive me insane.

“You Uchiha’s are like a disease, just spreading over the land and causing misery wherever you go.” The girl continued, getting cocky about her remarks.

“No need to be rude.” Kakashi quickly defended, not wanting another fight to flare up. After a few seconds of deliberation, the girl caved.

“Fine, you can stay in the room, too.” She shot me a warning glare. “But if you dare try to sneak into other guests rooms and steal, then you’re out on the street immediately.”

“Who did that?” I asked, not really thinking my question through. The answer was only going to be a reminder that I had relatives, and it was sure to get me angrier.

“Your brother. His name was Nion, I think.”

Yet another person I have to punch. 

____________________________________________

LOOK. I DID A TING. I UPDATED. LOOK. SEE THOSE WORDS.

THATS. COHERENT. TEXT. 

PLOTPLOTPLOT AND I WROTE IT DOWN THIS TIME SO I WON'T FORGET AAAAaaaaaa.... 

Okay, excitement over. Wait, no. 

OKOK TO POTRAY MY EXCITMENT IMMA TALK IN CAPS OKAY SO JUST IMAGINE ME SCREAMING IN YOUR FACE WHILE EATING DORRITOS AND THINGS WILL BE PRETTY ACCURATE. 

ANYWAY I ACTUALLY UPDATED SO YEAH. I THOUGHT OF A PLOT SORTA SINCE I FORGOT THE LAST ONE AND I WROTE IT DOWN THIS TIME SO I CAN ACTUALLY LOOK BACK IF I FORGET ISN'T THIS JUST FANTASTIC. 

oh oh oh . 

And paige, congrats on the 1000 fans. I'm not going to say a bad word because im half way decent like that

oh, and y'all should read my new story Undercover. Because yeh. You love me? No. Oh. Okay. I'll leave now before things get too awkward. Look, I stopped talking in caps. Gotta fix that. 

OKAY, BETTER, NOW BYE. 

oh and the song on the side is my favourite, I saw him live, it was amazing. He seems negative and sarcasic. My kind of person.