Chapter 22 Soundtracks To Our Life

"Mom I'm home," I said once I stepped inside. It was quiet and because it was so quiet I got nervous. Everytime I walked inside this house when it was quiet nothing good came out of it. 

"In my bedroom Valeria," she shouted back. I walked hesitantly to her bedroom and tried to read her expression. 

"You're frowning, why?" I asked matching her expression. She bit her lip guiltily and in that glance I knew what she had done. 

"No," I said shaking my head in disbelief. 

"I didn't mean to tell her sweetie. She must've eavesdropped on my conversation that I had with the doctor after you left! She confronted me about your pregnancy. I'm sorry to not have been able to keep your secret but secrets shouldn't be kept between you and your sister Valeria, especially your twin." 

I scoffed and ran my fingers through my hair. "You should've told her that a long time ago when she lied to me two times!" 

"Valeria, if it makes you feel any better she was concerned about you and I think she wants to talk to you," my mom said trying to be the peacemaker. I rolled my eyes and groaned. 

"I'm going to my room don't bother me please," I said a bit dramatically. I trudged up the stairs to my bedroom and to my disdain found Jasmine sitting on my bed. 

"Hey you, can we talk?" she asked nervously. I was surprised to see Jasmine look so normal and not show-offy like she normally was. 

"About?" I asked curtly. She raised an eyebrow and pursed her lips. 

"I think you know what I want to talk about. Look I know I'm a screw-up and a mean ugly, horrible person since we moved here, but with you being pregnant and all, all I want to do at the moment is forget about that and focus on the present. I want you to know that despite all the bad things I've done, you're my little sister and I love you Val, I always will, and I want you to know that you can count on me for anything because I care about you and your baby. If you don't want to talk to me that's fine, I understand, but I hope you don't because I would really hate not being able to see my niece or nephew." 

I felt my heart melt at her little speech and just like I had forgiven Niall after our argument as best friends, I knew I had to forgive my sister. 

"I'm going to tell you what I told my baby's daddy when I talked to him today; I don't want you to be apart of my life unless I ask you for help. I want to raise he or she alone without anyone telling me what to do and I want their life to be drama-free, unlike mine." 

"And when were you planning on telling me?" I heard a familiar voice say from the doorway. Niall stood there looking very rugged and tired and I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. 

"What?" I asked momentarily stunned. Jasmine took this opportunity to leave but not before squeezing my hand reassuringly. 

"I can't believe we keep going through things like this," Niall said in a tired voice. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. I walked over to him nervously and placed a hand on his shoulder but he quickly grasped my wrist and dragged me out of my bedroom. We walked down the stairs and even though his hold on me was hurting a bit, I said nothing as he steered me out the front door and over to his garage. He let me loose after he sat down on a worker's bench and forced me to sit next to him. 

"Why did you come to my house?" I asked him stupidly. Niall turned to face me and studied me for a while. 

"I just got back from London with the Boys and thought I ought to go visit my best friend who's supposed to be honest and trust-worthy but I didn't find her," he snorted. I bit my lip and tried not to cry.