Chapter 4 Jumping to Conclusions

" thou drive?" I asked Niall at the end of the day.

We walked to his BMW and he tossed his rucksack into the backseat.

" aye, why? thou gobsmacked," he said laughing.

"No, well, yes. I thought that only Louis and Harry could drive," I murmured whilst putting on my seatbelt.

"I learnt from em," he said grinning and backing out his jam-jar in the school car park. "Got the directions for the set?" I gave em to him and he nodded his head once he memorized em.

The drive was apparently a long one, so we passed time just yakking.

"So thou and Ed an item now?" Niall asked with a wink. I blushed and tucked a strand of barnet behind my ear.

"I don't know, he asked me out for coffee, but I don't think that's dooze reason to ring up us a couple."

"He's a noice lad, thou 'll fancy him. And I fancy thou for him too. thou 're pretty cute," he admitted.

" thou think I'm cute?" I asked him gobsmacked. He shrugged his shoulders and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music from the tranny.

" aye. If Ed hadn't had asked thou before, I was planning on asking thou out." My heart beat rapidly and I felt my mits get clammy. I wished Niall would've asked me first! He was so cute and amazing, and...just perfect.

"But it'll be noice to hae thou as a dogs bollocks china plate instead," he said patting my thigh. I sighed and felt saddened by the fact that I'd be in the friendzone with Niall.

" aye. dogs bollocks buddies," I replied sarcastically,"So how much longer?"

"Um, only a couple of minutes, I'm starving though. dae thou think they'll hae food there?" I giggled and fumbled with the tranny dial.

"I'm pretty sure they will. By the way before we get there I just want to warn thou that my sister um, doesn't fancy y'r music, but I think the opposite." Niall guffawed his adorable laugh and turned a corner.

"Really? That's funny. I don't think I've ever met a lassie who dislikes the band. I guess that means I'll stick around with thou whilst on set. I don't think I could get along with y'r sister."

About 5 minutes later we entered the car park for the set, and I flashed a lanyard my sister gave me to be able to enter the set. Niall and I walked around trying to shufty for the right studio and found it eventually. Jasmine was sitting not too far away getting some make-up done and she peeked from under the make-up artist's mascara brush to see me.

"Valerie!" she squealed happily. I grabbed Niall's hand and tugged him.

"C'mon," I said dragging him with me to see my sister.

"No I want to stay near the buffet!" he whined and pouted. " y'r sister sounds mean." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"She's not too bad...well nevermind I take it back," I joked around. Once we reached my sister she stood up from her chair and gave me an awkward hug.

"Don't wrinkle my frock," she said with an attitude as I hugged her a little tightly.

" whoops a daisy sorry, so where's Tom Felton? I wanna meet him," I joked around. Jasmine guffawed and shoved me playfully.

"Somewhere in his caravan, he's really charming-" she said before she noticed Niall. He was staring at everything around him and she pulled me a few plates of meat away from privacy.

"Who's that?"

"Niall," I answered.

"Did thou meet him at school? He's gorgey!" she said putting on her flirty chevy chase. I felt sick to my stomach and got a pang of jealousy.

"He's from One Direction, the band thou don't fancy, remember?" I asked flumoxed.

"Oh really? So he's mafted and can sing? Introduce me to him," she said biting her lip as she checked him out.

"What? No, I won't dae it," I said laughing. Apparently my sister didn't take me seriously because she stalked orf towards Niall.

"Jas! Come back!" I said running after her in an attempt to stop her from flirting with my dream lad.

" wotcha," she said tapping on Niall's shoulder. He was staring at the buffet before she tapped him and he smiled weakly at her.

" ello, I'm Niall, Val's china plate," he said politely. He shook Jasmine's hand and she flipped her barnet over her shoulder.

"I'm Jasmine, Valerie's older sister, thou 're from One Direction, right? I love y'r music," she said enthusiastically. Niall peered over her shoulder, looking at me questioningly and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Really? That's funny because y'r sister told me the opposite," he said with a smirk. Jasmine blushed then and guffawed.

"Oh she's lying, I really dae fancy y'r music," she insisted. Niall quirked an eyebrow and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Okay, prove it. Name at least 3 of our songs," he said.

"What Makes thou Beautiful, One thingamajig, and Gotta Be thou," she replied confidently. Niall gaped at her then smiled.

"Okay I believe thou," he said. Jasmine smiled back and I could tell this was going to end badly for me. My sister was already working her charm on Niall and he was falling for it! I was so jealous of her at the moment.

"Okay well I'll see thou at gaffe. Let's go Niall," I said linking my arm around his elbow. He grinned at Jasmine and snogged the back of her hand.

"Bye Jasmine," he said. Jasmine waved at him flirtatiously and said cheerio. Once we left the studio, I stalked orf to Niall's jam-jar and he struggled to keep up with me.

"Val," he said once I got in and slammed the jam-jar door. He entered moments after and looked at me concerned. "What's pete tong?"

"Oh nowt, I just really fancy thou and could've gone out with thou if y'r dogs bollocks china plate hadn't had asked me and now my sister who doesn't know a thingamajig about thou is flirting with thou and thou are falling for her!" I wanted to shout. Instead I smiled weakly and cleared my throat.

" nowt, I just...my sister was flirting with thou," I said bovad. Niall smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Jasmine, she's totally crushing on thou. And thou fancy her back," I concluded. Niall guffawed and patted my leg reassuringly.

"No she's not. And I don't fancy her back. I mean she seemed noice and all but I could never see myself with her. Why, thou jealous?" He asked poking my stomach. I smiled, relieved that I had been jumping to conclusions and smiled.

"Me jealous? No way. I was just looking out for my dogs bollocks china plate," I said leaning my head on his shoulder. Niall looked at me funny then smiled.

"Aww, I love thou Val," he said hugging me tightly. I guffawed and inhaled his wonderful scent.

"Love thou too Niall," I replied honestly.