Chapter 13 Falling For You...Or Not

"Hey Niall just rang me up asking if we wanted to do something tonight," Ed said while cleaning. He had just came back from his tour and asked if I'd help him clean up his apartment. I didn't mind and he really needed the help, it was almost as messy as Niall's house. 

"Oh really? Like what? Did you have other plans in mind?" I asked while scrubbing at his stove. 

"Well I wanted to do something with just the both of us, you know, to catch up on things, but Niall seemed really excited about whatever it is he's planning so..." 

"Yeah we can go meet up with him, that's fine. We can always leave early then so that way we have time for our own privacy," I said laughing. Ed smirked and left the kitchen to go throw away the garbage. I missed hanging around with Ed. 

7 p.m. 

"And I still can't believe you two are together, no wonder why Valerie seemed confused," Ed said laughing. Apparently the "thing" Niall had asked us to come to was a double date with my sister, Niall, Ed and me. It was slightly awkward for me. 

"Here's your meal sweetheart, is there anything else I can get-" 

"That has parmesan cheese, she can't eat that," Niall interrupted the waitress. She cocked an eyebrow and looked surprised. 

"Did I write your order wrong? I'm sorry," she said. I shook my head and offered her a smile. 

"Oh no, it's not your fault. I'm allergic to parmesan cheese and I didn't read the menu correctly. I'll just have a salad instead of spaghetti." 

The waitress looked relieved that she hadn't screwed up her job and sighed. "Okay, I'll be back with your order." Everyone at our table looked at Niall oddly and he shrugged his shoulders. 

"What? Val told me a long ago," he said clarifying things. Jasmine smiled and laughed. 

"That's so weird, I've been her sister for 18 years and couldn't remember that. We're lucky to have you here tonight," she said. Niall blushed and ate a breadstick. 

"She's right, thanks Niall," I said gratefully. 

"No problem," he said with a charming smile. 

Dinner passed by awfully slow and I tried not to gag on my salad as I watched Niall and Jasmine feed each other. Ed seemed totally oblivious to my discomfort though, but felt awkward as well. 

"Hey, wanna get going?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and took one last bite of my salad. 

"So, um, we'regonnaheadonhomenow," I said with a mouthful of food. Jasmine looked at me disapprovingly and made a gesture to wipe my mouth. Niall smirked and then looked bummed. 

"So soon? We haven't even had dessert yet." 

"Yeah but we want to give you guys your privacy," Ed answered. He had a couple of drinks during dinner and I only had one but it was enough to make me feel buzzed and hyper. 

"I'll be staying over at Ed's tonight Jas," I said standing up and grabbing my things. Ed helped me put on my coat and then we said our goodbyes. 

"You smell really good," I said hugging Ed's arm as we walked down the street. He laughed and pressed a hand to my forehead. 

"Are you feeling okay?" 

"Never been better and I only had one drink so don't think I'm all crazy and stuff," I said soberly. Ed raised his hands defensively and kissed my cheek. 

"I know you're not crazy, and you smell nice too." I giggled and we walked to his apartment. I don't know if it was because we hadn't seen in each other in a while or because during our date we hadn't been acting romantically like Niall and Jasmine, but walking up the stairs to his apartment, things got heated. 

Ed carried me bridal style to his door and when he opened it, he kicked the door shut behind him. He set me down on my feet and we clumsily pressed our lips together. We began to kiss passionately and he tried to steer me over to the sofa but I tripped and we ended up falling on a shaggy rug. We both laughed then resumed to kissing. There were never sparks or tingles whenever I kissed Ed, but he was a good kisser nonetheless. 

After sometime, we got up from the rug and made our way to his bedroom. I had only been in there a couple of times but only to lie in bed with him, like, literally. I had a feeling that tonight we were gonna do more than that. 

My head hit his soft pillows and then he was ontop of me. 

"Are you ready for this? I don't wanna scare you away by making you do something you don't wanna do," Ed said brushing my hair away from my face. I bit my lip and nodded. 

"Yeah I'm ready, don't worry about me," I said with a smile. We continued to kiss but didn't rush into things. At some point, most of our clothes came off until we were in our sleepwear. I was nervous yet excited. 

"I like you Val," Ed whispered. I smiled and gave him one last kiss before we were about to do the unthinkable. 

"I like you too." 

Afterwards 

That wasn't at all pleasant. 

It wasn't exactly horrible but I had imagined my first time being better than that. I don't think Ed enjoyed it all that much either and it seemed like our relationship wasn't going to get any better because of it. 

I had took a shower and came out of his bathroom quietly. Ed was sleeping and snoring and I laughed to myself. I changed into an extra pair of pajamas that I had lying around his house. I honestly didn't want to be near Ed at all because things felt so awkward. 

"Where are you going?" Ed mumbled into his pillow. I flinched and bit my lip. 

"To the living room, I'll just sleep on the couch," I suggested. 

"No you can stay here, I'll go to the couch." He got up and grabbed a blanket. 

"Thanks," I said embarrassed. On the way to the living room he passed by me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"No problem Valerie. Goodnight." 

It was stupid and I was probably over-analyzing things, but I think that that kiss meant that we were better off at being just friends. 

(http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=51824034)