Chapter 10 Tall & Tan & Young & Lovely (Part 2)

I felt guilty and discouraged after the kiss. I had seriously hoped that maybe Niall had came around and maybe liked me, but apparently the kiss had no meaning at all. I felt bad for kissing him back because I was still with Ed (who wasn't here in Ireland at the moment because of a tour he had gone on) but I was pretty sure he'd understand. I got ready as usual and then went downstairs. 

Jasmine was sitting down at the table reading a script while Niall sat bored on the countertop. 

"Hey, where's mom?" I asked her. 

"At the studio already, the movie's done being filmed and they're having a big cast/birthday party for me, we're both going tonight!" Jasmine said bossily. Niall frowned and hopped off the counter. 

"No she's not, we're going to spend the day with the boys," he said defensively. 

"As in the Irish boys or One Direction boys?" Jasmine asked confused. 

"Irish boys. The other boys won't be coming till Halloween time," Niall answered. They were both fighting over me and I smirked to myself. They heard me and then turned to me. 

"What do you wanna do Valeria? We always celebrate our bday together," Jas said with some possessiveness. Niall rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

"Well she's not gonna spend this one with you," he retorted. They were about to argue again when I stopped them. 

"I'd like to go to your party-" I started out. 

"Ha!" Jasmine said jumping up and poking Niall's chest. 

"/But/... I want Niall to come with me. As a date or something." 

"Ha!" Niall said victoriously. Jasmine rolled her eyes and then grabbed her things. 

"Whatever, I'll go see mom at the studio. The party starts at 9 so be ready by then and wear something cute." 

"Stop it," I chided him afterwards. He grinned and walked back to me. 

"So today we're gonna head into town and go shopping for you. Whatever you want is on me, alright?" 

"I don't feel all that comfortable with you spoiling me Niall..." I trailed off. 

"Nonsense, it'll be your birthday gift, well apart from the one I already got you. But you can't see it until we go to the party." 

I pouted and grabbed my sweater. "Fine, let's go have fun today, yeah?" 

"Yeah buddie!" Niall said smiling adorably. 

9 o'clock 

"Wow. Either we're really early or this party sucks," Niall stated once we entered the rented dance hall. There were people slowly starting to fill the room and I tugged at my dress. 

"We're early, and wanna know why I know that?" I asked Niall. He was munching on the food and shook his head. 

"How do you know that Miss Smartypants?" 

"Because Jasmine is always fashionably late, so that means she'll be here anytime soon..." I trailed off. Shopping with two boys today was funner than it sounds. Niall and our friend Sean helped me pick out a dress, shoes, and even suggested how I style my hair. We all got ready at Niall's house and we had invited Sean to the party as well, but he had a date tonight so couldn't come. 

2 hours later 

"Dude you suck at this game," Niall said snatching back his iPhone. He tried to show me how to play Angry Birds but I could not play it. It seemed easy enough but Niall kept shouting at me while playing and made me nervous. 

"Well you're not being helpful when you keep snapping at me," I said sarcastically. The party had grown livelier, but Niall and I were being antisocial and instead playing on his phone at a table by ourselves. Besides, most of the people here were people that Jasmine had to work with and who I never had met. A few minutes later I heard Jasmine's obnoxious laugh fill the room and I turned gratefully in my seat. 

"What's going on?" Niall asked distracted by his phone. My jaw had dropped and I shook my head in disbelief. 

"Jas is here, but she...she..." 

"Spit it out Val," Niall said impatiently. 

"Well you just have to look," I said at a loss for words. He paused the game and searched the room for her. 

"Oh," was all he said when his eyes fell on her. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=51682877) 

"Her dress is...interesting?" 

"Shut up she's coming here!" I said turning in my seat and closing Niall's mouth. We pretended like nothing happened and went back to playing. 

"Hi! You look cute," Jasmine said smiling at me. She gave me a hug but I felt weird hugging her back...especially because her dress was so thin and well... see-through. 

"Thanks, Niall picked out this dress," I answered back. She laughed and turned to Niall. 

"Is that so? Well he has good taste. Let's go meet some people, come on Niall!" Jasmine said grabbing our hands. We had no choice but to be dragged by her and I was secretly pleased that Niall and I were finally going to socialize.