chapter 7

"Why?" Cecelia asked, knowing exactly what the answer was going to be.

Lisa just shook her head in dismay, her eyes immediately darting up to hers. "Maybe you should just stop sneaking around and going for swims."

Cecelia furrowed her brows, pressing her lips together tightly. She couldn't possibly be talking about the sneaking at night, now could she? No, definitely not. "Since when was swimming considered this dangerous and well...forbidden? It's just swimming. I have the right just like any other human being to take a swim whenever I feel like it. People always die. If I were to die of drowning, I would have already died. Obviously my so-called destiny is not the same as Sa-" She bit her bottom lip hard, almost drawing blood. She shouldn't have brought this up. Sasha was the main reason for this fear of theirs. Yet, it was still unfair of them to do this to her.

Lisa sucked in a shaky breath, pinching the bridge of her nose with trembling fingers. "That's not why I'm warning you not to go swimming. I'm sure you know the real reason." Sighing deeply, she held Cecelia's hand, patting it softly. "I know exactly how you feel. I was even more curious than you – just please be a little wise in your decisions."

Cecelia blinked twice, swallowing hard. Nodding, she forced out a weak smile. "Oh, there you are. Come, I need help with preparing lunch." Rosie said, gesturing for her to follow her to the kitchen. 

As she entered the kitchen, she saw Jim leaning against the counter, a vacant expression on his face. Cecelia's breath got caught in her throat at the sight of her father's rather emotionless state. He was not always like that. Jim used to be a scuba diver; that is why they got a house right near the ocean. It was because of him that they grown to have this strong passion of swimming. However, right after what happened with his older daughter, the love for the ocean, the love for swimming disappeared completely. Grabbing the knife, she began chopping the tomatoes. And then it hit her. I could use his scuba diving equipment and maybe search for Queseon? She quickly shook her head, hell no, that's not even possible. She slapped a hand to her face, think logically.

"You okay?" Her father asked skeptically, eying her with a puckered brow.

She looked up at him, smiling nervously. "I definitely am."

"Maybe you should go out more. Staying indoors is uh...obviously not good for you," he mumbled, narrowing his eyes at the bright pink mark on her face. Cecelia rolled her eyes, the only true friend she had had moved out of her region, and she hadn't been in touch with him for about two months. He probably found a girl or something, or is just too busy to visit. Reaching for a lemon, she placed it in a lemon squeezer and squeezed.

The clock read 2:40 AM; Cecelia beamed as she hurriedly slipped into her swimsuit, and headed outdoors. Her feet sank in the sand as she ran towards the glistening moonlit water. She stepped in and let herself descend into the cool water. A smile curled her lips as her hair floated around her like tentacles. She pushed herself downwards, to the bottom, where whirlwinds of sand were formed due to her fast movements. A couple of fish swam here and there, and when she approached them, they instantly swam away. Cecelia twirled, feeling the water embrace every inch of her exposed skin. And when the need to breathe hit her hard, she surfaced, inhaling a good amount of oxygen.

Cecelia gasped and bubbles escaped her lips as soon as she went back under. Right in front of her was none other than Queseon. She remained still and didn't dare to move as she observed him intently. The mixture of colors in his eyes darkened slightly as he bored his eyes into hers. His almost white blonde hair flowing above his shoulders, glowing like some sort of a fluorescent lamp. The muscle in his strong jaw twitched as he gently touched his nose to hers. Cecelia's face flushed as she felt tingling warmth spread up her arm, into her chest, and through her entire body. 

He then blew into her face, and radiant, colorful sparkles engulfed them, illuminating the dark water. Cecelia's eyes widened as fear mixed with excitement flooded her senses. A small smile crept upon his lips once he took in her stunned state. She watched the sparkles dance in all directions as the water pushed them farther away from them, leaving Queseon's hair as the only source of light. What are those...things? The question replayed over and over in her head. She most certainly didn't know mermen can create, well...sparkles. 

Her thoughts were cut off once Queseon drew even nearer to her. Cecelia swallowed hard, and noticed that she really needed to resurface; she was running out of breath. And just as she was ready to swim upwards, Queseon grabbed her arm, and pressed her hard against him. He cupped her cheeks and crashed his lips against hers urgently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

HEY GUYS. I WANNA SAY THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK I GOT. THE COMMENTS LITERALLY BROUGHT TEARS TO MA EYES :') YOU'RE AMAZING, AND I LOVE YOU ALL. HERE'S AN UPDATE, AND SORRY FOR TAKING THAT LONG. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE REGULARLY FROM NOW ON. 

THANKS AGAIN! XX