chapter 6

This is a bad idea, Cecelia sunk her teeth in her bottom lip as she watched her brother run around in circles, making a trail of footprints in the sand. Maybe I should teach him how to swim some other time; if he, by any chance, sees Queseon he'd freak out. Slapping her hand to her forehead, she murmured, "Freaking out is an understatement."

"Come on!" Thomas nagged, running towards Cecelia and tugging at her arm. Sighing, she followed her little brother, I better get this over with before dad comes back from his meeting. Jim was a businessman. 

Thomas hunched up his shoulders as soon as his feet came in contact with the rather chilly water. Giggling, he took another quick step into the water. "I'm nervous." he admitted, looking back at Cecelia with those big, green eyes of his.

"Don't be," she reassured him with a wide smile plastered on her face. "If I can swim, then you sure can swim too." Getting in the water, she held his hands and pulled him forwards. Once they were both fully in the water, Thomas's breathing quickened, his face contorting with fear. "Now, I need you to pretend you're riding a bicycle. So, start moving those legs." Thomas quickly nodded, clutching her hands tighter. He began kicking his legs in the water hard. "Good. But I need you to do what you're doing a bit slower, can you do that for me?"

Thomas slowed his pace, a grin curving his lips. "I'm doing it! I'm swimming!"

Cecelia chuckled. "Good. Now I'm going to slowly let go, okay?" 

Thomas's grin vanished completely as he squeezed her hands. "No! Don't let go!"

"It's easy. Don't worry," she let go of his right hand. "I want you to move that hand now. You're going to spread your arms in front of you and then quickly bring them down to your sides; like you're forming a big circle." Letting go of his other hand, she watched him suck in a breath and move his whole body. "Bravo! Keep your head up."

They kept doing this for about half an hour, Thomas's swimming skills were improving by the minute. Thomas was now sprawled on the sand, feeling tired yet ecstatic. Cecelia sat right next to him, her knees pressed to her chest. Looking to her right, she saw a figure approaching. Rarely did people ever come here. Squinting her eyes, she noticed that it was a boy her age holding hands with a blonde girl. As they got closer and closer, Thomas noticed them too. "Who are they, Cece?"

"I don't know," Cecelia shrugged, staring at the two who were heading their way. The boy had messy dark brown curls and a rather built body; he was also tanned. She chewed on her bottom lip, Queseon's so gorgeous that this pretty boy right in front me looks like shit in comparison. As for the girl, she was shorter than Cecelia, and had long, wavy blonde hair.

"Hello," The boy said, flashing them a wide smile as he waved his hand. Cecelia smiled back, mumbling a 'hello'. "We recently rented this place," he gestured to the chalet at the far end of the beach. "Gonna hang out here for the summer; me, my cousin," he smiled at the girl beside him. "And her mom aka my aunt." Pressing his lips together, he said, "We were taking a stroll...saw you guys...and thought we'd come over and say hi. We haven't seen anyone around yet except for you two."

Cecelia chuckled. "Yeah, that's cause no one lives around here except for us." Standing up, she shook her head. "It sucks here during winter time."

"Yeah, I can imagine," He laughed heartily. "I'm Don." Glancing at his cousin, he said, "And she's Emilia."

"Hi," she said, shyly.

"Nice meeting you," Cecelia nodded, introducing herself and her precious brother. Thomas gave them a weak smile, then quickly turned around and began to draw a circle in the sand.

"Well, we'll be going now; hope we didn't bother you," he placed his hand on Emilia's shoulder. "Besides, we have a lot to unpack."

"No, not at all. See you guys soon," Cecelia smiled, watching them leave.

"I'm glad they left," Thomas mumbled, crossing his arms with a 'hmpf' sound.

Cecelia giggled at him. "Why? You didn't like them? I thought they were frie-"

He cut her off, shaking his head. "Yes, but I want to spend time with you."

Pulling him by his arm, Cecelia grinned and embraced him. "You're such a cutie. Now get up, we need to head back inside."

Thomas nodded, standing up, and darting towards the house. Cecelia followed behind, stealing a glace at the ocean. It looked so calm; the waves were crawling gently to the shore, the blueish water glinting against the sun. Sucking in a long breath, she wondered what Queseon might be doing now, whether he was near, and if he was thinking about her like she was thinking about him. Slapping a hand to her forehead, she groaned, I really should stop thinking about him, it's getting weird. Just as she turned her head around, she saw something emerge from the water far ahead. Gasping, she squinted her eyes to see better. When she wasn't able to make out what it was that got out of the water and that now just got back in, she rubbed the back of her neck and made her way home. As she entered through the door, one thought was replaying over and over in her mind, she had to see Queseon again. And she had to see him tonight. Blushing, she ran a hand through her hair, she was so eager, desperate to see him again. Lost in her thoughts, she accidentally bumped into her grandma.

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked, her brow raised.

"I-I-uh-yes," she grinned, feeling idiotic. 

"I'm worried about you, Cecelia," Lisa blinked, her face etched with worry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

SORRY GUYS, THIS WAS MORE OF A FILLER CHAPTER, BUT I PROMISE YOU THE NEXT ONE IS GONNA BE PRETTY EXCITING.

LOVE YOU XX