chapter 5

Rushing towards her house, her feet sinking in the sand, only one thought was running in her head. Queseon is not human. When she was in his presence, she wasn't able to grasp, to sense that unrealistic fact. She was simply too entranced by him that she couldn't think straight. His looks, the way he stared at her as if she was some foreign creature, and especially the way he healed her arm... Cecelia gasped, her eyes widening as her attention flew to her arm. Touching it, she swallowed back hard, how did he do that? What is he?  She felt light-headed, her legs no longer capable of holding her up. Pushing her way inside, she almost tripped as she made her way to her room on shaky legs. 

Adjusting the cover over her cold body, she clutched her pillow tight. She knew that she wouldn't be able to sleep unless she gets some answers to the questions that were swirling in her mind. Cecelia hastily climbed off her bed, having the urge to search through the book her grandma gave her. She'd talk to her about this for sure when tomorrow comes. Grabbing the blue book from her drawer, she sucked in a breath. She opened it, flipping through the thick pages. Where is it? her eyes scanned the pages quickly, wanting to find out how to know if someone is a merman besides the tail. Cecelia shook her head in pure irony, who'd ever think that she, out of all people, would be searching through such a book for answers?  

"Aha," she said under her breath as she thoroughly read, the types of mermen. Types? she furrowed her brows in confusion, there were different types of mermen? Biting her bottom lip hard, Cecelia continued reading. Mermen can be differentiated from each other depending on their eye color, as well as their tails. All mermen have either blue or green eyes. However, a tint of another color can be visible too. Orange, usually indicates that the merman is ferocious, merciless. Red, usually indicates that the merman.... Cecelia skipped what all the colors meant, and her eyes landed on purple. Gasping, she read, purple, usually indicates that the merman is lustful, possessive. 

Cecelia involuntarily slapped her hand over her mouth, so that's what Queseon's type is. Running out of breath, she felt a warm sensation creep up her spine and take over her body, pooling at her core. Cecelia's cheeks were flushed as she ignored the feeling, and further read. And their tails are usually the exact same mix of color as their eyes. Licking her lips, she flipped the page, wanting to read more about Queseon's type. The so called purple-eyed mermen usually cannot control their urge to mate. Unlike humans, these mermen don't believe in control of the self. They're wild yet passionate. They also tend to be obsessive. "What the fuck?" Cecelia cursed. Are these mermen or psychotic beings? 

Mermen are quiet creatures. However, don't be fooled into thinking that they're harmless or so; they're both stronger and faster than humans. Mermen are able to heal, and lure; especially 'purple-eyed' mermen. Cecelia closed the book shut. "I'm done with this bullshit." she mumbled, a yawn escaping her lips. Bullshit or not, she knew that the information she had just read was not a lie nor some sort of a story; it was true. And she believed it, because she thinks she had encountered a merman. A merman who'll remain etched in her head, until she sees him again. Letting sleep take over, she sank into her bed. 

"Wake up, wake up!" Thomas's voice was ringing in Cecelia's ears as she jolted up in bed. 

"What is it?" she asked, rubbing her drowsy eyes.

"You've been sleeping a lot," Thomas giggled, his green eyes staring into hers with anticipation. "It's a special day, you know!"

Cecelia puckered her brow, thinking. "Oh, yeah." Pulling Thomas towards her, she began to tickle his sides as he squealed, laughing uncontrollably. He tried desperately to catch his breath, wiggling, trying to push his sister off him. "Today, somebody's going to learn how to swim!" she smiled widely at him, retracting her hands away from him and placing them on her hips. Thomas's eyes glinted with excitement. "But remember, dad must not know."

Thomas quickly nodded, crossing his heart with his finger. "I promise." Saying that, he got up, dug out his red swim shorts, and made a dash for the bathroom. 

Cecelia was heading towards the kitchen, and as soon as she spotted her grandma, Lisa, she walked up towards her, her shoes clicking loudly against the floor tiles. Her heart was pounding against her rib cage as she blurted out. "I believe you."

Lisa looked up at Cecelia, her eyes narrowing. "What?"

"About mermen," she sighed deeply. "I believe you."

Lisa chuckled, her eyes wrinkling at the sides. "Oh, you don't have to believe me, my dear. I just wanted to-"

Cecelia cut her off, stuttering. "But I do...you see, I-I saw one."

"You saw a merman?" Lisa asked, shock dancing in her wide-open eyes. Her full attention now on Cecelia.

"Yes...I mean, I really think I have," she rubbed the back of her neck, her lips pressed together. "I read the book you gave me, and understood that what I saw was really not...human." she further explained to her grandma, making sure to mention Queseon's features and capabilities; the healing.

"My goodness," Lisa gasped, her hand pressed against her heart. Her brown eyes watery; a curtain of unreadable emotion fell over her eyes. She breathed out heavily. "Oh, no, no, no." She shook her head, her fingers shaking and her lips trembling. "Stay away from this merman. He has purple eyes; means he'll c-claim you and t-take you away!" Lisa stood up, pacing back and forth in panic.

"Calm down, I promise you I'll avoid him," Cecelia reassured her, knowing that that was the biggest lie she has ever told. Avoiding him means avoiding swimming, and she can't do that. Besides, she yearned to see him, to talk to him, to simply be in his captivating presence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

HEY GUYS! SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE, BEEN REALLY BUSY. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT! XX