Chapter 10: Cologne Allergies

"Life isn't about waiting for a storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain"

Chapter 10: Cologne Allergies

"So, I assume that you want to stay here for the night." Alec wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"What? Why would you think that?"

"Because good luck driving home in that storm. It's dangerous. And I know your dad will not let you drive in this weather." Alec smirked knowingly.

"And how do you know that? You don't know anything about me." I said, staring him down.

He met my gaze and smirked. "Try it then sweetheart."

"Okay then. I will." I said confidently.

I clicked my dads number nervously and waited for him to pick up.

I didn't want Alec to win again. I needed to prove my point.

"Hello?"

"Dad, I'm at Alec's house."

"Alec? Whose that? A girl? A guy? Who are his parents? How old is he? Are you guys dating? Is Shawn there?"

I pulled the phone away from my ear and Alec raised his eyebrows.

He gestured for me to put it on speaker and I sighed.

'Fine' I mouthed and he grinned triumphantly.

"Dad. He's one of Shawn's friends."

"He?"

"Yes dad. He." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay well. If he's a friend of Shawn's then that's fine. I don't want you driving in this storm, so ask him if you can stay over until the storm passes."

"Dad! It's fine. I can just come home. I just wanted to let you know where I was!" I complained and I heard him sigh over the phone.

"Did Alex said that he didn't want you over?"

"It's Alec, and he said I could. But I don't want too." I whined and Alec put a hand over his heart.

"Why. Do you like this boy?" My dad said teasingly.

I groaned. "No! Bye Dad. I'll stay at Alec's until the storm passes."

"Okay bye honey. Be nice and polite." He paused. "Oh, and no sex in the house."

"Dad. Bye!" I quickly hung up on him and turned to Alec. "Don't say a word."

"Hey, your dad said to be nice. Tsk tsk, if you're breaking rules. How about breaking the no sex in the house rule?" He wiggled his eyebrows again and I shoved him away from me.

"Shut up and show me my room."

"Oh, feisty and demanding. I like it." Alec winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Show me my room."

"Okay, whatever you want princess." He took my hand and I shook it off. "Do you want to get lost?"

"I'm pretty sure I can follow you without holding your hand." I stated and he smiled.

"You see, that is when you're wrong."

"What are you-" Before I could finish my sentence, Alec broke out into a run. "Alec!"

I raced after him. But of course he was right, and he was soon out of sight as this was not my house. So I didn't know where I was going.

"Alec! Okay you were right! Come lead me to my room!" I whined, but got no reply but the rain hitting the windows, and thunder rumbling in the background.