Chapter 6: They Pity You

"We were born to be real. Not to be perfect"

Chapter 6: They Pity You

Jack Gilinsky as Parker Jones

Photo^^

"You ready to see how amazingly athletic I am?" Alec smirked cockily at me as he opened the door of the back seat of Shawn's car for me.

Such a gentlemen.

"You mean am I ready to see that swim cap explode because your head is too big for it?" I countered back sliding into the back seats and Alexis and Shawn laughed.

"My best friend is not someone who's easy to befriend-"

"Unless you're as awesome as Alexis." I interrupted Shawn and Alexis high-fived me from the front seat.

"It's all good Jules. Playing hard to get, we'll see who wins in the end." Alec winked and I rolled my eyes.

"So tell me what a swim meet is like?" I asked curiously and leaned back in my chair.

"Well, it's not really anything special." Alexis pointed out earning an offensive look from Shawn.

"What was that babe?"

"Nothing, I meant swim meets are so fun especially when your boyfriend's team has the most points." Alexis batted her eyebrows innocently at Shawn and a smirk danced on his lips.

They were so cute together.

"Okay anyways, a swim meet is just like us swimming against eachother in different heats and at the end we do relays." Alec explained to me and I nodded.

"What event do you do?" I asked.

"I do the 100 IM and the 200 IM relay."

"IM?"

"Butterfly, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle. So I basically swim one lap of each of those strokes. And then I'm starter for the relay." He told me.

"Who's on your relay team?"

"Meeee." Shawn piped in and Alec reached over and punched him lightly in the shoulder.

"Eyes on the road idiot." Alec said then turned back to me. "I start the relay with a 100 meter or 2 laps of butterfly. Then William does the 100 meter backstroke, then Dylan with his 100 meter breaststroke-"

"Then I finish with the fastest 100 meter freestyle you will ever see in your life." Shawn interrupted Alec and Alec groaned.

"Quit interrupting me!"

"That was the first time today." Shawn sang and Alexis and I laughed.

Alec rolled his eyes. "So yeah, Shawn finishes as our anchor."

"Sounds fun. Do you guys win?" I asked and Alec nodded.

"Yep, we're-"

"UNDEFEATED!" Shawn chirped and Alec punched him in the shoulder. "Dude!"

"I said stop interrupting me." Alec glared and Shawn shrugged.

"You punch like a girl anyways." He teased and Alec rolled his eyes again.

"If I actually punched you, we would have no driver."

"You guys are so childish." Alexis clicked her tongue and then pointed out the window. "Is that it?"

"Yep." Shawn pulled into the parking lot and pulled up into an empty space close to the entrance.

"So they're gonna go get ready, wherever they go to get ready so you and me are sticking together until the meet is over." Alexis told me and went to say good luck to Shawn.