Chapter 7: Rainy Days

"Let the rain wash away, all the pain of yesterday"

Chapter 7: Rainy Days

I looked out my window to see raindrops sprinkling down my window.

I groaned and searched my closet for my umbrella.

Rainy days were okay, but I hated going outside in all your rain gear and it was always so cold. On top of that, everything got wet when you went inside. So on rainy days, you just stay inside the whole day.

My phone buzzed and I groaned and grabbed it from my nightstand.

From: Parker
<7:43>
See you at 6th Street and Market at 5:30 :)

To: Parker
<7:45>
Can't wait! :)

I smiled and put my phone in my bag and pulled on my rain boots and grabbed my rain jacket, umbrella in hand, and trotted downstairs.

"Good morning Ry," I greeted my brother and he grunted in response.

Wow, I take the time to say three words to him and I receive a grunt.

"I'm going to hang out with a guy that I met at the swim meet yesterday, at 5:30 on the new restaurant on Market." I told him and he grunted in response again. "And you say I'm lazy," I muttered under my breath receiving another grunt.

I groaned in frustration and grabbed a piece of toast from the toaster and marched out of the room.

"Bye Ryder, and don't you dare grunt at me for the fourth time!" I called from the door.

"Bye Juliet!" Ryder chirped from the kitchen and I groaned.

"You're impossible!" I rolled my eyes and slammed the door.

"Sibling trouble?"

I turned around and saw Alec leaning on my porch, looking as gorgeous as ever I may add.

"What are you doing here?" I snapped and he put his hands up in surrender.

"Geez, someone definitely got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Alec muttered and I rolled my eyes.

"I heard that."

"You were supposed too." Alec smirked.

"If you came here just to annoy me, I would recommend leaving before I get more mad."

"Sorry Jules. Didn't want to make you mad. Let me drive you to school." He gestured to his car that was parked in front of my house.

"I don't know if I can stand to be in the same area with you for more than two minutes." I opened my umbrella and walked towards school.

"And your alternative is to walk?! Although I love rainy days, walking is not really an option right now." Alec pranced after me and got under my umbrella.

"Get away!" I pushed him away from me as I got a whiff of his cologne.

He smelled good.

"What if I like it under your umbrella."

"You said you liked the rain!"

"Only because it gives me a chance to be close to you under then umbrella." He smirked and I blushed.

"Shut up Alec and go away." I frowned and he shook his head.

"Stop being stubborn princess, just get in the car with me."

"Fine." I muttered and stormed back towards the house.

"Here, let me get that." Alec slid in front of me and opened my door. "Madam."