Chapter 16

The slow and steady beep of the heart moniter filled the room. Adam's aunt sat in the chair across from me, silent, and not moving. It's been two weeks from the plane crash, and I'm in America with Adam. He is in a hospital in New York. He has a concussion, and luckily that's the only thing. He is hospitalized at the moment, but should be going home tomorrow. His Aunt, Becky, and I have been here the whole time. Hunter is with everyone else back in Ireland. Niall is in California, but when he heard the news, he came and visited to make sure everything was ok. A nurse wandered in a few times a day to change Adam's IV and bring in his food. But otherwise, it was just the three of us there. We sat there quiet, when there was a knock on the door, then it opened slowly, and the doctor's head popped in. 

"Can I come in?" He asked

"Mhm." Becky hummed, and he walked in the door. Adam was asleep, but when he heard the doctor, he woke up.

"Morning, -er, afternoon." Said the doctor, "How are you feeling?" 

"I've got a headache, but thats it." Adam said, rubbing his head. 

"Thats normal. Just take te medicine and you'll feel better. You will be tired, but you won't have a head ache." The doctor extned his arm, handing Adam a white cup with two blue pills in it. Adam sat up, took the cup from him, then took the pills. He layed back down after that. The doctor talked quietly to us, telling us that Adam could go home tomorrow, and how it should be relaxing and quiet for him. When the doctor left, Adam was sound asleep. It was already 10 pm, and I fell asleep on the chair. i woke up the next day, my back hurting from sleeping in the chair the past nights. It was 6 o'clock, and we left by 8. Adam was glad to go home, well, his new home with his aunt. When we got there, I could tell it was going to be a nice place for him to stay. There was a big front yard and the house was big too. Inside, there was two floors. Upstairs, 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. Downstairs, was the kitchen, living room, dining room, and a spare room. We both helped Adam up the stairs, and into his new room. Becky had already brought his things in and got him unpacked. Adam was all settled in now. 

"So, I'm not kicking you out, but when will you be leaving?" Becky asked.

"Soon." I said, "But will you be ok with him? I feel bad leaving." 

"I'll be fine. I need you to go home and take care of your son, and your two kids in there." She said, pointing at my stomach,"You're now 6 months pregnant. You need to be home." I nodded.

"Ok, thankyou." I said.

"No," she replied, "thank you." I smiled.

"I'm going to get my things packed." I said, " I will leave in the morning." She nodded, then I went into the spare room and gathered my things. The next morning, I was up in Adam's room before I left.

"Get better, okay?" I said to Adam, who held my hand in his.

"I will, I promise." I kissed the top of his head, then said goodbye. Becky drove me to the airport. She waited with me until I had to leave. Honestly, I was scared to go on the plane because of what happened, but I was too focused on wanting to be home to worry. I watched movies and listned to music on the long, 7 hour flight home. I think I watched 'Shrek' about 5 or 6 times. Calum picked me up from the airport, and when I saw him, I engulfed him in a huge hug, and when I got home, even more hugs came my way. I went to bed early that day. I was tired from the flight, and I didn't sleep well in America. I slept a lot over the next week. My parents called me on the fourth of July, from America, and told me to eat some cherry pie. Eating cherry pie was our tradition when I lived in America. 

"Sam," Sydney said, sitting at the end of my bed, "You've been in bed for like, a weekand a half. Its July 10th. You came home on the 1st. I know you're tired and 6 months pregnant, but you need to get up and do something."

"Okay," I graned, "What do you want to do?" 

"We could go shopping?" She declared.

"Okay" I groaned, and got up and got dressed. Just the two of us went to the mall. Melissa offered to watch Hunter for me. We went to a few stores, but I got tired quickly. The heat was getting to me. 

"You kno what Sydney," I said, sitting down next to her in the food court, "being pregnant SUCKS!" I almost yelled.

"Really?" She asked, trying to lift up her chineese noodles with chopsticks, but giving up quickly, and using a fork, "Why?" 

"You are always tired, lazy, hungry, and you feel really fat." I complained.

"You literally just described me Sam." She laughed, and so did I. After eating, I felt better, so we went to a few more stores. I bought a pair of sandals, materity shirts, and shorts that were really strehchy. Sydney laughed at how I wore stretchey pants, but I told her she would soon becuase if she keeps eating her 'ideal dinner' she would get fat! Her ideal dinner is 'Mac&Cheese, Pizza, Iced tea in he rmike Wazowski cup, and jello'. She has been saying that since our freshman year in highschool. She is such an odd girl. The rest of my night was calm and I went to bed early. 

----------------

Sorry this chapter wasn't great, but now you know what happened to Adam! 

If you know someone who has, or had, cancer, or want to help out someone who does, PLEASE read this <3 https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=451798171595161&id=261056074002706&notif_t=like