Chapter 20

Today is July 29, and its very hot out. I planned on staying inside in the air conditioner all day, but Sydney decided to have a barbeque at her house. We all went over around noon.

"Hey!" She said cheerfully, running out of her house wearing a bathing suite and flip flops, "Did you bring your bathing suits?"

"I didn't, but everyone else did." I said, hugging her.

"Ok," She frowned, "Whats wrong? You look out of it today." 

"Just not feeling well, thats all." I said, "Probably the heat."

"Alright. Well, if you need to, you can lay down in my room if you want."

"OK," I said, "thanks." I smiled, then we walked through the house to the backyard. By the time we got back there everyone was already in the pool. Sydney has put out a lot of food including chips, hot dogs, and hamburgers. Sydney sent into the pool after we ate, but I didn't feel well.

"

Hey Sydney," I called to her, "Can I go lay down?"

"Sure!" she yelled, "Do you need help?" I shook my head and waddled inside. I made my way upstairs to her room, and laid on top of the blankets. I tried to go to sleep, but I just didn't feel well. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Melissa. She came running upstairs. 

"Are you okay?" She asked, still wrapping her towel around herself.

"Sort of, can you get me advil or something. I've got a killer headache." She nodded, then ran downstairs and grabbed me water and advil. I sat up, and took it. 

"Want me to stay with you?" She offered. I shook my head. "Ok, try to sleep."

"Ok." I nodded, and she went back outside. I laid back down, and closed my eyes, but couldn't fall asleep. My head stopped hurting a bit, but I just didn't feel well at all. All of a sudden, it got really stuffy in the room, so I decided to get up and open a window. I stood up, and felt a bit dizzy, but I shook it off and walked to the window. I pryed it open, then went into the bathroom. I splashed cold water on my face, and when my hands touched my forehead, I realised that I was burning up. I decided to go have someone take me home. I put flipflops on and walked out of the room. Walking down the stairs, I gripped the railing, trying to keep myself up. I stopped halfway down, out of breath for some reason. I breathed heavily, then, I felt something warm on my leg. 

"Crap." I said, looking down and realising what just happened, "This can't be happening." I found the strength to get outside.

"We need to go," I said to everyone in general, "now." 

"Whats wrong?" Calum asked, climbing out of the pool.

"The babies are coming. Its time." I said, and everyones jaws dropped to the floor.

"How?" Calum said, rushing to my side. Luke came too. 

"You're not due until September!" Luke yelled, as he and Calum helped me into the passenger side of the car.

"I don't know. The doctor said they may come early, but not this early!" I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and started to cry. I tried to stop, but I couldn't. 

"Ashton, Michael," Luke said, "Stay with Hunter. The rest of us will go. We will keep you updated." Calum said, and Ashton and Michael both nodded. Everyone climbed in the car and we drove to the hospital.

"Sydney!" I screamed as we drove, "Slow down!" 

"Sorry," she said, slowing down, "I'm freaking out!" 

"You're freaking out?" I yelled, "I'm the one having twins EARLY!" everyone was quiet after that. I felt horrible for yelling, but I was in so much pain. We got to the hospital without getting pulled over for speeding, and Cal and Luke helped me hobble in. They got me into a wheelchair, and we went to the maternity ward. 

"Wer're here for Mrs. Samantha Horan." Calum breathed heavily, after running up to the counter. Luke came running behind, pushing me.

"Are you her husband?" The lady asked.

"No." Calum said, and something clicked in my brain.

"CALL NIALL!" I yelled, and everyone around us looked our way.

"Here, call him." Sydney said, handing me her phone. As I dialed him, the wheeled me into room 123B. 

"He won't answer." I said after calling him for the 10th time, "Wheres m phone? He may answer there." Calum pulled my phone out of his back pocket an handed it to me. The people put me in a bed and stuck and IV and lots of monitors on me, and then I called Niall. The first three times it went to voice mail. I tried again, and he picked up. 

"Sam, I love you, can't talk now though." And then he hung up. I dialed again.

"Sam," He said, "I'm on stage!" He almost yelled, "What do you need?"

"I'm," I said, and I felt a huge ripple of pain go through my body and I yelped. Sdney took my hand and squeezed it.

"Whats wrong?" Niall asked frantically.

"I'm ... in... labour..." I breathed heavily. 

"No," He said, then he paused, "You're early." I heard him say, and I hear fans cheering behind him, clueless of going on. 

"I-I know." I said, crying slightly. 

"It'll be okay, I promise." He said, "Whos there with you?" 

"Luke, Calum, Sydney, and Melissa." I replied.

"Ok," He said "I've got to go. Stay strong baby, I love you."

" I love you too." I said, and he hung up. I handed Calum my phone and he put it in his pocket again. 

"You don't have your bag." Luke said, "I'll go get it."

"Actually, I have a spare one in the trunk of the car." I said, and he nodded, then left to get the bag. 

"They gave you some pain killers right?" Sydney asked.

"Yeah, but they make me tired." I said, yawning.

"Try to sleep then." She smiled. I nodded, and closed my eyes. Melissa and Syd sat on the small couch in the room, and Calum went to get Luke who was taking a long time to get the bag. I laid there on my back in the bed, trying to fall asleep through the pain. I thought about everything that could go wrong and it terrified me. I eventually fell asleep, but my dreams were nightmares about everything bad that could go wrong. I was scared, in pain, and although everyone was there, I was lonley. 

'I need Niall.' I thought, ' I need him...'

----------------------------------------

Want me to dedicate the next chapter to you? Answer this question in the comments -- What do you think will happen if something goes wrong? And what do you think would go wrong? :) I will pick it randomly :) 

GOAL - 

25 Reads

5 Votes

2 Comments