Chapter 1.7

Velvet Room.

"It's so nice to see you again." Igor said. "You became unconscious after awakening to your power. I see that it was Orpheus that heeded your calling."

I looked at him questioningly.

"That power is called a Persona... It is a manifestation of your psyche."

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"A Persona is a facet of your personality that surfaces as you react to external stimuli... You can think of it as a mask that protects you as you brave many hardships." he said.

"That's what Orpheus is?" I asked.

"When you use your Persona ability, you must channel your inner strength. The ability evolves as you develop your Social Links-- your emotional ties with others. The stronger your Social Links, the more powerful your Persona ability. Please remember that." he replied.

I nodded thoughtfully.

"Now, then... Time marches on in your world. I shouldn't keep you here any longer. Next time we meet, you will come here of your own accord. Until then..." he said.

'That again??' I thought to myself.

"Farewell." he said.

And with that, I became lost in a deep slumber.

.............

......My head is getting clearer.

......I opened my eyes and saw a white ceiling...

Wait. This isn't my room.

I wondered how long I've been asleep.

I also felt someone's presence beside me.

I turned my head and saw Yukari.

She looked at me with worried eyes and she exclaimed "You're awake...!"

I gave her a weak smile.

"Um, how do you feel?" she asked me.

I asked her in return "Where am I...?"

Her face became relieved and said "Thank goodness. You finally came to..." then she continued "...Oh, this is Tatsumi Memorial Hospital. It's just a short walk from the station. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong with you. He said you were just exhausted."

I looked at her intently and just nodded. My throat feels so parched that it hurts to even talk.

Yukari said nothing but she looked like she was debating whether to tell me something or not.

After a few more seconds, she finally said "Um... I'm sorry I couldn't do anything..."

She looked resigned. She then continued "But, your power... It was amazing." she finished smiling.

I shook my head at her and mumbled "What'd I do...?"