Chapter 1.1

At school.

"Yo..." Junpei greeted me unenthusiastically. Before I could ask him what's wrong, he already answered "Man, I'm so sleepy today."

I laughed at that and I patted his head playfully saying "Aaaww."

He then beamed and said with a little more energy "In times like these, it's best to sleep during class!" he then added "You ever notice how sometimes taking a nap in class makes you feel more refreshed than sleeping at home?"

I then replied laughing "I know what you mean!"

"Right? You go from dead to being completely full of energy again. It's such a great feeling." he said. Then he added after some thought "...Then again, I'm not listening to the lecture, so I'm screwed later!"

We started walking to class and he just kept chatting away. I was okay with it because that means I don't have to start the conversation. He then suddenly exclaimed "Oh, but we have classic literature today... That means we're stuck with Mr. Nasty ol' Ekoda..."

I wondered who Mr. Ekoda was, but it seems I'll be able to meet him on first period. Junpei and I went straight to the classroom.

At Classic Literature.

"Ahem... I'm Mr. Ekoda. I'll be teaching you Classic Literature." Mr. Ekoda said to class.

He was wearing a dark blue tuxedo with a striped purple and dark blue tie. He looked old. Maybe around 50's. But his hair was still black and it wasn't thinning yet. He wore it a bit long, like some Korean boy band and was parted at the left side. His face seemed to be pulled down to a permanent frown.

My observations was ended when he said "I'll be teaching you about good old Japan all year. Some people say Classic Lit isn't relevant to everyday life, but oh, how they're wrong!" he saud a bit dramatically. "The students, the other teachers... Wrong, wrong, wrong! Nobody really understands Classic Lit..." he continued ranting about Classic Lit and it's importance but my eyes are feeling heavy. I feel tired... so I decided to close my eyes for a few minutes.

After first period, my classes flew by and before I knew it, it was already after class. I met Yukari at the shoe boxes and decided to go back together.

We stopped by Paulownia Mall on the way to the dorm.

Yukari then asked me "Have you come here before?" I shook my head as a reply so she nodded, looked around and said "A lot of Gekkoukan students come here after school." Then she started pointing to shops while saying "There's a karaoke box and a CD shop. Oh, and a really great cafe, too! There's also a nightclub, but that's kinda not for us yet."

I looked around and noticed that Paulownia Mall is crowded with students on their way back from school... After that, Yukari and I returned to the dorm.