Chapter 1.3

"Mr. Chairman!" Mitsuru said tensely. "Let's suspend our observation for now. We'll prepare for battle!"

"...R-Right! Be careful!" Ikutsuki replied nervously.

...............

Akihiko ran through the front door and slammed the door shut. He was already panting from all the running. "Agh...!" Akihiko groaned.

Just then, Mitsuru came runnig down the stairs. "Akihiko!" she exclaimed.

"I'm alright." he replied with a bit of difficulty. "Get ready to be surprised... It'll be here any second." he added with more enthusiasm.

"This is no time to joke around!" scolded Mitsuru.

"It's one of them, Akihiko?" asked Ikutsuki.

"Yes, but not an ordinary one--" Akihiko was stopped mid-sentence by a loud crash.

"Ahh!!" Yukari screamed. "What the...!? ...You've gotta be kidding me!"

"Mr. Chairman, please head for the command room!" requested Mitsuru. She then ordered Yukari "Takeba, go upstairs and wake her up! Then, escape out the back."

Yukari nodded and started to move, but she stopped and spun around and demanded "But, what about you two?"

"We'll stop it here." Mitsuru replied calmly. Then she turned to Akihiko and said "You led it to us, Akihiko, so I'm afraid you'll have to fight."

"Like I had a choice!" Akihiko complained. Then he added "What are you waiting for, Yukari? Go!"

"I-I'm going!" Yukari ran panicking slightly.

In Amie's room.

(Amie's POV)

I was awoken by a loud noise...

I debated whether to go check outside or to stay put. In the end, I decided to go take a look. Just as I was about to move out of the bed...

Bang! Bang!

Someone banged at my door and screamed "Wake up!"

'It's Yukari!' I thought. I was overcome by shock so I wasn't able to reply quickly enough. "Sorry, I'm coming in!" she continued and barged in.

When I saw her, she looked a bit panicked. "I don't have time to explain. We have to get out of here, now!" she told me urgently.

"Okay!" I said and I started to move towards her.

"Hurry! Downstairs! We'll leave through the back door!" she instructed. Then she turned to me again and stopped me "Wait!" she then handed me a long and thin implement. "...Take this, just in case." when I took it, my eyes widened. '...It seems to be a naginata.' I thought.

"Okay, let's go! Follow me!" and Yukari led the way.