Chapter 1.6

At the dorm rooftop.

(Amie's POV)

The sudden swell of power has subsided... Orpheus... It seems that was the name of the other me...

Orpheus regained its original form.

I took a good look at her. She had long, flowing hair that's up to the middle of her back. It was colored orange-ish. Her torso was gold in color, while the rest of her was platinum. She had a harp on her back that's the same color as her limbs. It looked like wings from where I was looking at her. She looked like a robot with all those joints. Her eyes were a glowing red. Her smooth features betrayed no emotion.

After staring at her a while, she disappeared.

Yukari then said suddenly "Is it over...?" I looked at her and shook my head.

Squish. Squish. Squish.

"......!?" Yukari gasped and said "It's still moving...!"

I looked at where she was looking and saw that a piece of the Shadow was heading for her. Yukari cowered away and screamed "No... G-Get away from me!"

'I have to save her...!' I thought. I quickly got up on my feet and moved in front of her.

I slashed at the first maya but I didn't kill it. They attacked me and I screamed in pain.

After that i summoned my other self saying "I summon you!"

Orpheus came to my bidding and bashed at the other maya with her harp. That caused it to disintegrate. After that, I finished the other maya with another slash from the naginata Yukari gave to me.

I felt a surge of energy inside me after the recent battle. I felt me and Orpheus get stronger.

The monsters are gone... It seems Yukari is safe, too...

......

I feel exhausted... I'm losing consciousness...

......

Thump.

*gasp* "Are you okay!?" I heard Yukari's voice say. "Come on...! Please...! Can you hear me!? Answer me!"

... As much as I wanted to, my body just wouldn't respond. After that, I found my self standing in a familiar room with a familiar man sitting in a velvet chair. Between us was a round velvet table.

I tried to recall what this place is. This is... the Velvet Room, was it...?