Living In Denial...

I woke up, mosquitoes attacking me from every side. Guess the coil did not work after all. I looked up at the wall clock. Damn! I am going to be late, again...

I hurried into the washroom, tripping over my shoe lace. Ouch!

* Two hours later...

"Hey where have you been, I've been trying to reach you since morning" Peter shouted, making his way through the bustling crowd of students, eager to go home.

"Not today Pete, I promise I'll get the assignment done" I answered, taking big steps so he won't catch hold of me.

I didn't anticipate his speed and ended up getting pulled by my bag, lost balance and fell on my bum with a thud. I immediately turned tomato red out of embarrassment.

"I AM SO SORRY" he jumped a good one foot away, as he knew I would come after him.

"So this is what you would do, you moron. I'll never do the stupid work so, you can tell the old hunchback to shove his assignment up somewhere" I mumbled getting up. Thank god Rex was not here to watch this. He would have loved to make fun of me till eternity.

"Now, now, don't get dirty, I already said I'm sorry" Peter smiled, pulling me up. He had a good physic. Nice features -- straight black hair complimenting his black eyes. He was my best friend Silver's boyfriend and my sweet brother. I share everything with him, but he can get on my nerves real fast. I do sometimes wonder how we managed to keep each other alive.

"Hello" screeched Pete into my ear, pulling me out of my trance.

"Yes! What do you want?"

"Where are you off to, if I may ask? It's just lunch time and I can see you won't be coming back" Peter enquired, pointing at my bag -- overflowing with chart papers, markers and glue sticks. When will I ever get rid of this clutter? Sigh.

"I...I'm goingtomeetRex" I said it at a lightening-fast speed and prayed to God he didn't hear me.

"That guy will ruin your life Amy... Don't you see? You were once so cheerful, so serious about your career. Now look at you. All you care about is that if he had his food, find him jobs and clean up his room. You are his girlfriend for god's sake, not his slave." The words rang into my ears making me wince.

"Oh common! Everyone has problems, he is just going through a lot right now and I want to be there for him. Please don't make an issue out of it and cover for me" I begged, making a puppy dog face, He has to say yes or I'm doomed.

He sighed. "Fine, one last time." he turned and started walking away, "The next time you fool around, do it on your own risk" his voice getting fainter by seconds, as he disappeared into the crowd.

Relief washed over me as I started walking towards the bus stop. I had made chicken casserole as I knew it was Rex's favourite. I loved pampering him and I didn't seem to think I was doing anything wrong!

My cell phone buzzed and I kind of knew who the caller was.

I picked up the phone cheerfully. "Hello baby, how have you been?" I asked, exited. I was going to surprise him. Fifteen more minutes, and I get to see him. I was gleaming with joy.

"Where the hell are you? Come to my house, right now!" he bellowed into the phone, I winced, as my ear drum violently vibrated with the intensity of his voice. Crap, what did I do now?

*** Hey guys, I know this one was a little boring but I really hope that I managed to give some detail to the characters... So what do you think? Please keep reading.. Please do comment. or I will have sleepless nights. No pressure :)) Peace Out...