Carrying on

Niall's P.O.V:

I think Zayn is really down. What did Reece do? Zayn isn't talking to anyone. He's ignoring everyone. He doesn't do anything. We all still talk to Reece. We're friends and we still treat her like a sister.

'Niall!' Lana squeals, spotting me on the sofa. She jumps onto the sofa and hugs me. Then she looks at Zayn, who's standing by the window wall, staring out.

She whispers 'Is he Ok?'. I shake my head.

'No. Maybe you could talk to Reece? See what she said or something?' I ask her. She nods and gets up. She kisses me on my lips and then she goes outside to call Reece.

I lean back and watch Zayn. He's tense.

After ten minutes I go outside. Lana's still talking on the phone. I raise my eyebrows, in question. She shrugs and then she says 'Bye Reece'. She comes over and says 'She just ignored him. She sounds really sad. She started crying. I feel sorry for her, but then I feel sorry for Zayn' she says, hugging me and leaning her head against my chest. I put my arms around her.

'I hope he gets better' I whisper.

'Me too' she says. 'Can we go out tonight?' she asks me, lifting her head. I nod.

'Sure. Where do you wanna go?' I ask her.

'I wanna go watch a film. Can we?'

'Yeah. 'Course' I reply and then we go to the kitchen. I feel bad for Zayn. He hasn't told us anything.

And I don't think he will either.

Reece's P.O.V:

Ohmygod. What have I done? Why did I ignore Zayn? Now he's ignoring me! Oh nooooooo! I'm so stupid. Really, really stupid. Why didn't I talk to him? WHY? It's al my fault, I know that.

I stay crying until I hear Dad coming. I get up and walk to the living room. I don't care if he sees me like this. I've given up on caring.

He comes in and sees me on the sofa, with my knees pulled up to my chin.

'Reece? Are you Ok?' he asks me. I shrug.

'Like you care' I mutter. He comes and sits down next to me.

'Reece. Don't say that. Of course I care' he says, putting his hand on my arm. I shrug it off and stand up. 'You're never around enough to notice what's wrong! It's all just work, work and more work with you, Dad. Ever since Mum died you've been at work more and more!' I say, loudly.

'I know. I'm trying to get home sooner, and I want to be home more. Don't think I don't want to be home' Dad says, looking at me.

'Reece. I don't want an argument. Can't you tell me what's wrong?' he asks me. I shake my head, tears falling again. I push past him and run up to my room. I jump onto my bed and put my face in my pillow.

No one would understand. I've realized too late, that I do love Zayn. He probably thinks I don't love him.

I've lost the love I loved the most.

Zayn's P.O.V:

I've carried on with the painting. I don't know why. Just something to do, I suppose.

I knew Reece didn't love me. I knew she'd reject me. If I knew, then, why did I tell her? Because I thought that she did actually love me. And she doesn't. If she did, then why would she reject my calls and ignore me?