Ch.7 Good Morning?

//Author's note: This really seems to be everyone's favorite chapter! it's super exciting! Comment what you think!

love you guys,

Maddie//

   I awoke with the previous night coming back to me. I had fallen asleep in the alleyway I was sure of that . but I wasn't sure how I had gotten back.

      I got out of bed. I was still in my dress and my mascara formed circles under my eyes. My hair was a rat's nest.

I checked my voice mail. I had four. one from a collector, and three from Adam . the first was very slurred but apologetic and as was the second. the third was from this morning.

he said "Darcy , I know you probably don't want to talk to me right now things got out of hand last night and I'm sorry please call me back if you feel like it"

I heard a knock on my door .

"One second " I yelled

I raced to put on my pajamas and I quickly threw my hair into a ponytail.

I opened the door and to my surprise it was Nik. He was dressed in sweats and a black v neck.

"Um you mom told me to get you for the breakfast" he said brokenly.

"Ok" I said "i'm coming".

He waited for me as I washed my face and grabbed my sweatshirt (beach mornings are always cold).

As we went down the first staircase I said ,"thanks , for saving me last night"

He was silent for a moment.

"You welcome" he said.

"Adams such a jerk"I said "how'd I get home last night Nik?"

"I call you mom on you phone and she come get you and me" he said.

"Did you tell her what happened?" I said slightly alarmed .

"Nien, I say you go to sleep" he said.

"Well, thanks for not telling her" I said

He just smiled.

By that time we reached the dining room and breakfast was ready.i mother out did herself with eggs, hash browns and pancakes. I served three large servings to myself . It was all delicious. I only stopped eating to notice Nik sneaking two smiles at me. I began to silently giggle. he had rolled up his hash browns and eggs into a pancake and was eating it like a burrito. he shrugged it off and continued eating.

When breakfast finished, I went back up to my room to get ready for the day. I put on my favorite band shirt and my high waisted jean shorts with my pink converse. I didn't really know what to do today.

Just then some thing hit my sliding glass door ...hard. I yelped in surprise. I quickly rushed onto the patio.

"Hey!" I screamed "what are you doing!"

I looked off the third story balcony. below I looked into deep green eyes. Adam.

"What the hell Adam ?!" I yelled.

"Just listen Darcy!" he said

"No I don't want to!" I yelled

"I'm sorry!" he screamed

"I don't care!" I screamed back

"Just hear me out!" he begged

"No!, bye Adam " I said

He began to throw more rocks at my window. At this point the sound was so loud that Nik came out on his balcony next to mine.

"Leave!" he screamed at Adam "Darcy does not want to see you"

"What you going to do about it pretty boy" Adam said. "Come on step up!" he continued to scream.

Nik's face turned red. he continued to hop over the balcony railing and climb down the floral trellis . He began to charge at Adam full force.

"Hey calm down dude" Adam said in panic.

It was too late because Nik had tackled him and began to beat in his face throwing one punch after another.

Adam made a sad attempt to fight back but to no avail. Nik was a lot stronger than he looked. after about five minutes of punching I began to worry about Adam. sure he deserved it but what if he got really hurt.

"Nik! Nik! stop!" I screamed

He didn't stop. I repeated this again and again but he wouldn't stop his rage was controlling him.

Suddenly, a police officer came running around the corner yelling "break it up boys!"

Nil threw a few more punches and the officer had to pull the boys apart. "come on your coming with me" he yelled and handcuffed the boys.

Adam wasn't looking so good both of his eyes were swollen along with his lip and blood was everywhere. Nik looked up at me and gave me a small smirk.