Ch.5 The plus one

// Author's note: Sorry this chapter's so short,  I still hope you like it. Also, this song has little to do    with this chapter but, I really think it would be cute to listen to while reading :).

Thanks for reading,

Maddie//

    Being grounded was basically hell. I spent both days playing my guitar on my balcony and reading my magazines over and over.

   Today is Friday . the day of Adam's party. It was the only thing that kept me going through that hellish adventure. good thing I had those two days to figure out my outfit etc. I still cannot figure out who left the tea but I have an aching suspicion that it was sweet old mr .R . but I cannot be sure.

    About mid morning I decided to ride my bike to the drug store to pick up some makeup for tonight and some green beans for tonight's dinner. I decided to play nice and get those for my mom so she might let me go to Adam's party tonight.(I had yet to ask her if I could go.) I rode down to our local CVS and picked out a can of generic green beans and a plum lipstick.

   When I returned home I marched into the kitchen with my can of beans ready to ask my mother about going. I entered the room at the wrong time because all four adults of the house were there. but it was too late because I let the words slip out of my mouth before my mind could process this.

"sure," my mother answered "be safe and be home before eleven."

she was surprisingly easy on me. it wasn't until miss Rutherford intervened that things got worse.

"you should bring Nik along " she said "he would love not being cooped up in this house. you could show him how American teenagers party.".

"What a great idea " mr. R said.

I shot a glance in her direction.

"You are bringing him" my mother said.

"But..."

"no buts, you bring him or you don't go." I sighed and headed up the stairs. "knock on his door and tell him when and where you are going" ms. R screeched.

   I dragged my feet  up the stairs for effect. I was hesitant to knock on Nik's door. we hadn't really interacted at all since the first day he arrived except for maybe some occasional glances. he never came out of his room except for meals and to shower. I had heard him talking on the phone and listening to music in German a few times but besides that I had no Idea what he did in there.

    I knocked a quick and musical knock. I jumped as he opened the door because I was in mid knock. he looked me up and down and gave me a look that said "what do you want" .

"we are going to a party tonight be ready by seven." I said.

he nodded and closed the door. I had no idea if he understood or not but if he didn't he just wasn't coming.

   When I got back to my room, I called up Adam to tell him I was bringing a friend and .I couldn't wait to see him again, four days felt like forever.