Ch.12 Mist

//Author's note: hello everyone!! so excited to be writing again!! Iv'e had kind of a writer's block recently and been trying to find the right words to write. anyways, I know which direction im moving in now and have decided to make this into a short story! anyways comment what you think. love,

Maddie//

You know that silence when you just feel helpless? that no matter what you say, noting will change? that's how I felt. I gingerly stroked his hand when all he could do was look down. we sat on the sidewalk outside the theater.

I was filled with detachment and admiration all at once.

We watched the cars go back and forth.

Adam stormed out of the theater.

"where the hell did you go?" Adam stated eyeing Nik.

"Out" I whispered

"Well, That wasn't cool, sweetheart" He said as he stood me up and pulled me close.

I could feel his warm breath. My eyes glanced twards Nik. I broke away.

"I think I'm going to go home now"

" I didn't mean that back there, you know I didn't" Adam pleaded

" Just like the other night? and actually, no I didn't know you didn't know you didn't mean that, because it appears that's just how you are, you are flawed, you can't go around treating everyone like shit and blame it on the meaning behind it"

" You know you wanted it too " he said with a sly grin.

My fist met flesh and a rusty mist met the sea air. Nik let out a grunty laugh.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me along the boardwalk at a full blown sprint.

when we were all out of energy to run, we pulled off to a small bench.

I took in a deep breath and said "That felt good."  and laughed a little.

Nik rubbed my hand with the tip of his index finger.

"don't anyone ever let anyone act like shit to you" he said

"what?"

" Promise me you won't let anyone be shitty to you...ever"

"okay"

we walked back to the house talking about nothing and everything.

Upon, entering the house, we were greeted by four concerned faces.

"Darcy, would you mind going upstairs for a bit, we need to talk to Nik for a bit" Mr. Rutherford said.

I went up the stairs and took an incounspiciuos seat at the top.

" we would like to talk to you about your lady guest from last night, Karen was very surprised to find her this morning, she was still very intoxicated,"

I watched as Nik's jaw twitched

"We will have none of these unannounced guests or under age drinking during the duration of your stay with us. is that clear?"

He nodded.

" One more strike and we're sending you packing" my father sternly added.

Nik silently ascended the stairs, where I Met him, and led him into my room.

We sat on my bed. he causiously felt the fabric of my comforter and took a moment to look around my room.

"Why didn't you tell them what you told me?" I inquired

" There is no use arguing with those who can't see past what's infront of them"

lost in his eyes I saw how femine his eyebrows were, I liked them.

I saw his eyes analysis my face  stopping on one particular feature.

he leaned in closer. Face turned slightly to the side and eyes floating on closing.

we were apart at first.

Our lips met somewhere in the middle. working a rhythm. One hand placed on the small of my back and one on the back of my head, pulling me closer. I saw fireworks, one million colors and emotions.

My hand found the back of his head.

We wandered into eachother's mouths.

He flipped me over, still kissing. It was perfect, like a dream.

He took a second to gasp for air.

"This is all I've imagined since I met you." he said, breathlessly.

I pressed my mouth into him hard. I was laying down now.

Sharp steps could be heard.

I pulled away quickly, "someone's coming, come on, get under the bed"

Nik's face was confused, then followed by realization.

He met my lips with one more gentle kiss and disappeared.

In the knick of time, my mom opened the door,

"time for dinner hon, could you get Nik?"

I laughed