No Overnight Progress

Shindou was paying attention to their teacher's detailed explanation of Biology when a small and crumpled paper ball hit him in the shoulder and landed on his desk. Shindou stared at it in curiosity and glanced up to make sure the teacher wasn't looking before he slowly opened the crumpled paper.

"Should we gather everyone else later? –K"

Shindou frowned and looked at Kirino, who was motioning for him to reply with his eyebrows. Shindou couldn't help but crack a smile at his friend and he quickly wrote a reply on the back of the paper. Then he carefully threw the paper at Kirino, making sure that the teacher doesn't notice the exchange.

Kirino got the paper and opened it.

"You're asking a lot of questions lately."

Kirino rolled his eyes and quickly replied back, throwing it quietly at Shindou's desk again. Shindou caught it and read the new message again.

"Well in my defense, you usually have the answers. Anyway, yes or no?"

"No, don't do it just yet. We don't want to go behind Tenma's back by secretly having a rendezvous without him. That'll mess up the whole plan."

"But if we don't, you won't be able to tell them about your list."

"I will, just not in person."

Kirino turned to Shindou with a curious frown, but when the ex-captain gestured him to his cell phone, the pink-haired boy's mouth formed an 'o' and he immediately understood.

"Alright, make sure to send one to me then."

"I thought you already memorized it earlier."

"I did, but just in case. You know how my memory is."

"Should I send this to the first-years as well?"

"Up to you. But, I think they don't need you telling them. They're already doing those steps right now."

"You're right. Our juniors are pretty smart, after all.-"

Kirino glanced at Shindou, who was looking a bit too smug and proud for his liking.

"-But, I have a feeling that I should send it to one of them at least."

"Just send it to Tsurugi, if you want. He may seem the calmest, but deep down he's afraid of messing it up again (just like you). That list might be a useful guide to him, as well as everyone else."

Shindou sent Kirino a 'what-do-you-mean-by-that' look. Kirino shrugged, grinning with no shame at all. It was Shindou's turn to roll his eyes.

"Alright. Hopefully, everything turns out alright."

Kirino stared at the paper and he glanced at Shindou with a sad, yet hopeful smile.

"Hopefully."

-

"Ahh, finally! School is over!" Kariya shouted to the heavens, stretching his arms into the air as he and the rest of his friends walked away from their school building.

"Just for today, though, Kariya," Hikaru reminded him. "We have to come again tomorrow."

"It still means that no one's gonna force me to study for at least another ten hours," Kariya answered, walking with his hands behind his head. "And that's a win for me."

Aoi giggled, her lips quirking upwards into a small smile. "So, any plans?" The teenage girl asked her friends, glancing at the sun in the sky. "There's no soccer practice until tomorrow so we still have some free time until it gets dark."