Not Going To Change

"Are you sure you want to go, Tenma?" Aki asked the teen. "I could just tell your teacher that you're tired today."

"Nope. I'm going." Tenma said stubbornly. "Even though I hate school, I hate piles of homework even more."

Aki stifled a giggle. "Is that so?"

The brunet nodded, taking a sip of his soup. "Yeah. Literally, the only thing I like about school is the after-school activities and the chance to see my friends. That's basically the only reason I signed up for Raimon."

"Well, I can't argue with that." Aki stated, slowly drinking her tea. "Is there soccer practice today?"

"No. Coach Endou said that we could have a day off for today. We'll continue practice tomorrow." Tenma replied.

Aki's eyes softened. "I see." The young woman wasn't surprised at the sudden statement. In fact, she'd be surprised if there wasn't a day off. Everyone must've been tired (both physically and mentally) from what happened these past few days; it's normal and expected for Endou to announce that they'd have a day off.

"Well then, I'll be going, Aki-nee!" Tenma's voice snapped the woman from her thoughts. She turned to the teen, who had finished his breakfast and was now heading towards the door.

"Be careful on the way, Tenma!" Aki reminded him.

"I will!" Tenma said as he quickly put on his shoes and ran outside. "See you later, Aki-nee!"

Aki waved at the door, even though she knew that Tenma couldn't see her. Now alone in the dining room, the young woman couldn't help but reflect on these past few day's events.

"...I broke my promise with him. I had told him that I wouldn't tell anyone, but I went behind his back and told everyone. But, I didn't have a choice! I just couldn't watch my best friend suffer and do nothing!"

"Please, Tenma-kun. We don't want to see you hurt."

"It's okay if you don't forgive us. But, please let us help you. We want to repay you for everything you've done."

"How are you going to help me?"

"That's simple. We'll always be by your side."

Aki unconsciously gripped her glass of tea. Despite the fact that Tenma was a very forgiving person, she knew that it'd take time for even him to bounce back.

She didn't blame anyone for what they had done. Tsurugi and the others heard of Tenma's situation and decided to take action about it. Tenma heard of what they did and took it the wrong way, making him not trust them anymore.

Aki was worried, to say the least. She knew and believed that in the end, Tenma would trust his friends again. But until then, what were they going to do?

"Oh, Tenma..." Aki sighed, resting her cheek on her palm. She was about to head off to the kitchen to was the dishes when she heard footsteps rushing back from the door. Aki turned around just in time to see Tenma burst in and turn his head around frantically.

"What's wrong, Tenma?" Aki asked him.

Tenma finally noticed he wasn't alone and he turned to her with a panicked look. "Aki-nee! I almost forgot my bag!"

Aki blinked at him before she let out a small giggle. "Of course you did."

-

"Good morning, Aoi." Shinsuke greeted the young girl as he entered the classroom and made his way to his table.

Aoi looked up from her phone and waved at the small brunet. "Good morning, Shinsuke."

"Is Tenma here yet?" Shinsuke asked, putting down his bag.