We're Here

The two boys stared at each other, both not saying a word. It was kind of awkward, to say the least. One person had witnessed his friend's secret and broke his promise of not telling anyone about it. The other was hurt at how his friend betrayed his trust and went behind his back without telling him. And now, both of them are facing each other to try and solve the problem at hand.

Tenma was the one who broke the almost uncomfortable silence. "I won't forgive you that easily, either." He muttered, looking away.

Tsurugi's eyes softened and he shook his head, seemingly not bothered. "It's fine. Take your time." The striker sent him a genuine, grateful smile.

"And..." Tenma bit his lip. "I'm sorry for my behavior at the clubroom."

Tsurugi's eyes widened, taken aback by the sudden, and needless, apology. "Why are you sorry?"

"I overreacted." Tenma stated matter-of-factly.

"Hardly, your reaction was understandable. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same." Tsurugi reasoned.

"How about the others?" Tenma questioned, glancing at him. "How did they..." The brunet trailed off.

Tsurugi already knew what he was trying to say. "Admittedly, they were a little surprised. But, they understood pretty quickly as well."

Tenma didn't answer him. He merely stared at the floor.

"...Did you mean everything you said?" The brunet asked after a few silent seconds.

"Yes." Tsurugi answered him instantly. It saddened him that Tenma thought he was lying. Then again, he did lie and broke their promise. Tenma widened his eyes at how fast and how determined the striker replied.

"And, I'm sorry if our approach to your situation was a bit too...straightforward." Tsurugi added with an apologetic expression. Tenma finally looked up to his friend, surprised at how sincere his tone was. The brunet realized that Tsurugi really did mean everything he said, and he wasn't lying to him again.

Touched by how much his friend actually cared, Tenma finally gave the striker a genuine smile. "It's fine. You guys are kind of idiotic in the first place."

Tsurugi knew that it was far from fine, but he still felt a ton of weight lifted off his shoulders. At first he almost wanted to hug or at least say thanks to the brunet.

But then, he realized that Tenma just told a joke.

Tsurugi was surprised, to say the least, at how fast Tenma could act like himself again. But he hid his shock; instead he raised his eyebrows and couldn't help but smile himself. "Really? I'm an idiot, then?"

Tenma gave a small shrug. "Yeah. We're all idiots, for taking our first steps a little too quickly." Tenma snickered, chuckling slightly.

Tsurugi chuckled. "I guess you're right."

Tenma half-grinned at him. But then, his smile faltered a little and his eyes showed a small hint of sadness – which Tsurugi absolutely despised.

"I-I'll tell you everything...later." Tenma stuttered, smiling nervously. He turned away from the striker and murmured, "I'm still mad at you, so..."

"Alright, I understand." Tsurugi nodded. Tenma haven't completely forgiven them yet, and he didn't trust them with any of his secrets. Tsurugi knew that it would take time for Tenma to open up to them, but he was prepared to wait as long as he needed.

Tenma turned back to him and smiled. Then, he took a few steps forward until he was standing in front of the navy-haired boy. Tsurugi almost backed away in confusion when he saw Tenma coming near him. Tenma stayed silent, before he quickly flicked Tsurugi's forehead with his finger.