A Broken Promise

The night went by surprisingly quick. The entire dinner itself was nothing less than delectable, but with the fret of their two missing friends weighing in their minds, they couldn't really enjoy it to the fullest. The entire team wasn't inattentive enough not to notice them being gone for two hours. With their lava cake and ice cream finished, they could finally retreat to their rooms. Shindou had a mind of finding Tsurugi and Tenma and find what exactly is going on.

As they left their table, Endou approached him with a solemn look. "You're going to look for them, aren't you?"

"Yes, Coach." Shindou replied.

"I'll look for Tenma. You try and find Tsurugi. Is that okay?"

Shindou gave him a firm nod. It was then that Shinsuke and Aoi approached them. "Are you guys going to look for Tenma? We want to help too!" Shinsuke exclaimed. Aoi nodded beside him. "Please!"

Shindou and Endou looked at each other, before nodding back on the two first-years. "Okay, then. Aoi, you come with me. We'll search for Tenma. Shinsuke and Shindou, you two will search for Tsurugi. Everybody clear?"

"Yes!"

-

"Shindou-senpai, where do you think they are?" Shinsuke asked to his senior.

While checking the other end of the hall, they wondered where Tsurugi and Tenma could have gone.

Shindou shook his head, "I don't know. But knowing Tsurugi, he'd probably followed Tenma and Kenta-san."

"Yeah, he would. Then, if we find Tsurugi we'll also find Tenma?"

"Maybe. Let's just find him and see for ourselves."

They continued to walk forward, sometimes peeking through the doors and corners. After fifteen minutes of Tsurugi-less searching, they decided to stop and think for a while. "Where could they be?" Shinsuke muttered worriedly. Shindou looked around him. "This house is big." He sighed. "It'll be hard to find those two."

Shinsuke pouted. "Tenma should've given us a map of this place. That would save us a lot of-"

"Wait, Shinsuke." The defender stopped. He looked at his senior, confused. Shindou was observing the left side of the hallway. "What is-"

Shindou ignored his junior, putting one finger over his mouth. "Ssh!" That made Shinsuke goes quiet. He looked at Shindou's line of sight, trying to find something. He noticed a dark figure walking towards them, his hands in its pockets. His hair was a little spiky, and he seemed to wear a purple cape.

Purple cape? Shinsuke's eyes widened. There was only one person he knew that always wore a purple cape.

"Tsurugi!"

He halted when he heard his name. He turned his head up to see two people running to him. He instantly recognized them, "Shindou-senpai, Shinsuke."

Shindou stopped before him, "Where have you been?" He said angrily. "You suddenly disappeared!"

"That's right, and you missed dinner too!" Shinsuke added. "More importantly, where's Tenma?" Tsurugi frowned and, with an exhausted tone, said, "Don't look for him. He wants to be alone."

"Alone? Did something happen?" Shinsuke asked. "Where is he? He shouldn't be alone."

"Tsurugi, where's Tenma?" Shindou asked. Tsurugi narrowed his eyes at them before turning his head down. "Leave him alone. I mean it." He said with a sad tone. That concerned both Shindou and Shinsuke. Sad was something Tsurugi rarely showed to them, if not never.