Epilogue

♡

"Maybe he'll send a postcard."

Vex snorted as she entered the room, causing both Fury and Natasha to look over at her. She was wearing an improved suit, different to the one Natasha wore. The black, corset leotard was placed over a simple body suit made out of vibranium -which Vex stole of course- to shield herself in the revealing costume. Since Tony believed that Vex couldn't live without jewelry, he even made her a choker with the remaining vibranium. The silver material fit snug around her neck and matched her under armor that showed slightly through her leotard.

Natasha admired her new outfit and nodded in approval, a small smirk coming onto her face. "So, you didn't take the cape Tony made."

Vex looked disgusted as she thought of the piece of cloth Tony had so desperately begged her to wear. She had even tried it on to make him feel better but found that it restricted her movements and had to be restricted before she could burn it. "Absolutely not."

The redhead let out a small chuckle, happy that her mind was off of Bruce for now. Her animosity for the brunette was quickly diminishing, the woman having a newfound respect for Vex during the fight in Sokovia. They weren't actually friends yet, Vex didn't even consider her a teammate, but that didn't mean the two despised each other's company.

"Let's go find your boyfriend," Natasha stated, bidding Fury a quick goodbye as she joined Vex on her walk.

"Have you found yours yet? Or is he still playing hide and seek?" the blue eyed anti-heroine asked.

Natasha let out a humorless chuckle. "They say he's somewhere in Fiji but..."

"I know you had feelings for him Natasha, but he isn't worth your sadness," Vex tried to comfort the woman but she wasn't very skilled in that area. "There's a chance he may come back, and if he doesn't, enjoy the single life."

The avenger scoffed. "We weren't even dating Vex," she pointed out blandly. Their conversation grew hushed when more agents started to file into the new Avengers facility and Vex grew irritated at the amount of people surrounding her.

"Yes but you were holding back from dating because you wanted him," Vex managed a small smile as she walked past people, receiving a few odd stares that she easily ignored.

"Wanted who?" Steve almost bumped into the two women as he turned the corner and stared at him oddly, through his main focus was Vex.

Natasha mumbled something about that being her 'cue to leave' and offered Vex a smile as she walked away, leaving them alone. Steve, still confused, stared down at her with a frown.

"Who wanted who?" he asked again, earning a smile from the brunette that stood opposite of him.

She closed the distance between the them, brushing off his suit as a smirk came onto her face, looking up at the blonde. "I'll tell you when you're older."

"I'm ninet-"

"He's a damn fossil," Sam commented with a grin on his face. He had his suit on as well and walked alongside James Rhodes, who looked as if he had just left the gym.

Steve laughed humorlessly as he crossed his arms over his chest, his blue eyes narrowed into small slits. The four conversed for a while before James got the hint, the pair wanting to be alone for a minute. He dragged Sam along, who muttered profanities about Steve being 'his best friend' and Vex shook her head.

The woman cleared her throat, causing Steve to look down at her. She played with his hands absentmindedly and he smiled. "Speaking of your best friend..."

"I'm still trying to find him," Steve finished for her, no hesitation in his voice as he spoke. Vex didn't bat an eyelash, not surprised at all.

"I figured you say that," she said, pursing her lips while Steve rubbed small circles in her back.

"You don't have to help..." he began, though he was quickly cut off by the fierce brunette who crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do I have a choice?," Vex clicked her tongue, though Steve shook his head as soon as the words escaped her lips.

"You don't have to help me." He secretly hoped that she would help but Steve didn't want her to do anything she didn't want to.

"I might...what's in it for me?" Vex questioned, a small smirk on her face as she stared up at him, waiting for him to catch on.

Steve made a face, obviously not catching onto her joke. "Well that depends..I don't really have a lot of money so..."

As he trailed off, he noticed that Vex was focused intently on his lips, finally understanding what she was getting at. He smiled slightly before he shook his head.

"Absolutely not," he lied, pulling her even closer to him as a smile adorned Vex's face.

The woman pouted jokingly as she leaned, smirking. "What's wrong? Afraid you'll catch feelings?"

Steve thought about it before he smiled back, wrapping both arms around Vex's waist before he closed the distance between them.

"I think it's a little too late for that."

boom. It's over. author's note up next, possible spoilers.