2.Motherly Glares

Fontainebleau Forest, Paris

As the team sat in the jet, everyone seemed on edge. No one talked to each other and everyone had a straight face. The mission couldn't be more serious and they didn't know if they were prepared enough.

"Listen I know we're all thinking it so I'm just going to put it out there and say it," Steve stated, everyone's eyes on him. "We don't know what we're up against. We don't know how much power Vex has so we all need to be careful."

"I'm always careful," Tony said, raising the one hand that wasn't covered by his suit. He was in the middle of getting ready and he just felt that he had to say something.

Everyone on the team snorted and he scoffed, slightly hurt. "I am careful," he defended himself.

"You're an idiot," Natasha dead panned. Clint chuckled from beside her but kept his eyes straight.

"But I'm a careful idiot," Tony shot back, smirking when he saw Natasha narrow her eyes at him.

Bruce watched the team interact, amused by their actions. He didn't have to be prepared but he was also on edge. Which was strange because he was usually calm.

Thor on the other hand, had absolutely no worries. The God of Thunder wasn't scared of the supposed threat that they had been ordered to deal with. To him, she was just another human.

A puny, tiny human.

"I like France," Bruce said, looking at all of the scenery that surrounded him. He was beside Natasha, staring out of the large window that let them see.

"I heard Australia was lovely this time of year," Thor grinned hard. The other team members looked at him in confusion and he shrugged.

"When have you ever been to Australia?" Clint asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I've visited multiple times," Thor replied, adjusting his armor. "I have a life outside of my job. I have friends."

Natasha snorted and rolled her eyes, focusing her attention back to the task at hand. The agent wasn't scared either; but she was slightly tense. She didn't like when she knew nothing of her targets. Natasha hated not knowing what to expect.

Clint really didn't give a shit.

He was just ready to shoot some arrows and get some rest. Clint hadn't slept in days and it was really taking a toll on him. Coffee can only do so much.

Steve looked at his team, watching their facial expressions. He was mostly concerned about their safety. Steve didn't really care about his safety as long as his team was involved. That was his job, he was the captain.

"We're here," Clint announced, pulling everyone out of there thoughts. The team-minus Clint and Natasha- began to scramble around the jet as they finished getting ready.

Tony was the first to jump off of the jet and Thor soon followed. Natasha rolled her eyes as she closed the hatch. She and Clint landed the jet and waited for Steve to give them orders.

"Natasha you stay close to Clint and steer clear of Bruce. No offense Banner," Steve said, giving Bruce a sympathetic look.

Bruce waved him off and smiled slightly. "I wouldn't go near the other guy either," he told him.

"Bruce, you actually can stay on the plane. You look like you haven't got any type of sleep," Steve said, changing his mind.

Clint smacked his lips and stomped his foot dramatically. He crossed his arms over his chest and looked up when Steve gave him a look.