Chapter Seven: Gaius

Luke's POV

I had no idea what was going on all I knew was I felt warmth. I felt someone touching me now and again and whispers or that was what it sounded like anyway.

I slowly opened my eyes to find myself in my room. My mother was sitting next to my bed but I saw no sign of Matthew. "Where is Matthew?" I asked sitting up too fast which made me feel sick.

My mother helped me lay back down and she kissed me on the forehead. "Matthew is fine. I made him go get something to eat. He came out a lot better then you did. Do you remember anything?" asked my mum.

"Not really. All I remember is something hitting the water of the lake and everything went dark after that, until now," I said to her.

"A creature hit the water, Luke. It attacked you but Merlin saved your life. It was lucky he was nearby at the time. We owe Merlin so much, your father wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him and now the same with you," said my mother.

"I'll thank him when I see him. What about the other people who was with us?" I asked.

"I'll go get you some food," said my mother as she kissed me on the forehead and left the rooming leaving my question unanswered.

Why did she ignore my question like I hadn't even asked it?

Merlin's POV

When I came here I had no idea I would be saving Arthur's son, Luke and Matthew but here I was sitting in my room knowing if I had not been out in the forest at that time Matthew and Luke might be dead.

I had no idea why even after everything I still found myself saving Arthur or something to do with him and in this case, his children. I didn't mind doing it, I loved doing it because Arthur means a lot to me and that means his children too but what if I had not been there? I just couldn't picture Arthur without Matthew and Luke now. If Arthur lost Matthew and Luke it would destroy my best friend.

A knock came at my door. "Come in," I called.

The door opened and Adair came into the room. He sat next to me on the bed and brought me into a hug. "I miss mum," he said to me.

"I miss her too, I am sorry we are away from her but I had to come back," I said to him.

"I know you did father. I understand that and if you hadn't Matthew and Luke maybe dead right now. I know why you came here; you came here for your best friend. One of the friends you never forgot and can never be replaced. You two went through much together to simply forget or be apart forever. I know something is troubling you and it's not Matthew and Luke, tell me what it is?" he asked.

"It's complicated," I said to him.

"Can't you tell me? If you tell me you will not have to keep it all bottled up," he said.

"Many years ago I forged a sword which can kill the living dead which could only be done with dragon's breath. I forged it for Arthur and I then chucked it in a lake however I needed it about a year later and I got it back again. Once I was finished with it I placed it within a rock and it could only be pulled out by Arthur as it was made for him but I am mistaken. All these years later I have a dream about someone taking the sword and when I went to check for it, I found it gone. I must get the sword back as it cannot be used in the wrong hands," I said.

"What can this sword do?" asked Adair.

"I'll rather we didn't discuss that. I love you Adair and I promise you I'll sort this out," I smiled.

Arthur's POV

I owe Merlin too much and I couldn't even begin to repay him. I knew something was troubling him but I knew it be best to let him be on his own. I don't know what I would have done if Merlin hadn't saved Matthew and Luke's life and to be honest I didn't want to think about what could have happened.

"Father have you seen Emily and Roy?" asked Matthew.

"Emily is resting; she got hurt a bit Adair is looking after her. Roy ran off he said he didn't need our help. We decided not to follow him. I bet you will be able to find him if you look," I said.

"Ok, I'll go find him," said Matthew.

"You are not allowed in there," I heard Gwaine shouting as my chamber door burst open to reveal Gwaine trying to stop a middle age man coming into my room.

"What is the meaning of this?" I asked getting to my feet.

"I am so sorry sire to burst in here but I have some news you are going to want to hear," said the middle age man.

"I'm listening," I said.

"Morgana and Mordred plan to plot against you. They plan to kill you sire and Emry's. You are both in danger," said the middle age man.

"How do you know this?" I asked.

"I use to be close to Mordred and he trusts me still. As soon as I found out the plan I came to tell you the news but I got knocked out but I finally made it. I am not sure when this plan is taking place but it will happen," said the middle age man.

As I tried to take in what the man had said a loud scream of pain was heard from nearby. I tried to think straight and it was not until my chamber door was slammed open for the second time I realised it had been Merlin's scream of pain.

Merlin was chucked to my feet in front of me by no other then someone who had been dead just over ten years, Gaius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know really short and cliffhanger sorry about that but i do hope you liked it anyway

Please vote and comment all the support would mean a lot :)