Apprentice: Merlin returns

Hello guys only me bringing another merlin fan fic but as you can see its set in the future once Arthur is king. I hope you enjoy it and leave feedback cheers oh and votes be nice but only if you liked it of course haha

Oh and the characters are not mind apart from the ones i make up of course as everything is the bbc's :p

Oh and yeah this is still based on the merln tv series characters but in the future in the way i think things may turn out :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

“Can you please listen to your father and go play in your room” called my wife Gwen to our two sons, Matthew and Luke.

“Why can’t we stay, we know more about war then he does,” said Luke pointing towards a young looking man sitting at the table.

“He is our guest here, son and he is old enough but you two are only ten years old,” I said to the older of the two twins Luke.

“But father he has magic and we have sword fighting skills, shouldn’t we out rank him?” asked Matthew.

“Matthew that is enough,” said Gwen getting up from her sit taking both Luke and Matthew’s hand and leaving the room.

I took a deep sigh wondering how the heck I had managed to cope with dealing with this much stress and problems with magic without my best friend Merlin.

It had been years since I had spoken or seen him and there was no sign of seeing him any time soon. He had left telling me I was ready to lead Camelot on my own and he had important things to do because I was not the only one that was in his destiny.

It confused me but I had to let him go, he couldn’t be my servant forever, even though I had offered him to stay and use his powers within Camelot to protect my people but he said it was time for him to leave.

It would have been nice for him to come say hello, considering we had been so close and best friends but no sign of him. Only rumours about him or Emry’s but I didn’t know whether to believe them or not, there are so many it gets tiring after a while.

“Arthur are you ready to continue with the council meeting?” asked the visiting warlock Shade.

“Oh yeah I am of course.”

Gwaine one of my most loyal knights came storming into my room which was unlike him or less he had decided to visit the Tavin.

“Sorry sire, I did not mean to intrude but you have got to see this,” said Gwaine out of breath.

“What is it Gwaine?” I asked him.

“A young boy probably around eight or nine has arrived within Camelot and he looks like someone we use to know,” said Gwaine.

“Like who?” I said the first thing coming to my mind.

“You will not believe this but he looks like Merlin,” smiled Gwaine as I felt my mouth drop open in complete shock.