Recipe 40

RECAP:

I walked towards the fireplace with Thallan following not far behind me, carrying the dagger on his hand with its point pointing on the floor. I then repeated what I had done unintentionally when I discovered the book. I pulled down one of the nymph’s scepter and the ash pan moved aside, revealing a darkened compartment.

I placed the book back on where I first found it after I bundled it up on a soft fabric, regretting the loss of its original pouch and leather jacket when the witch captured me. Thallan then placed the dagger as well after he bound it with several wads of fabric. I then pulled the scepter-level back up and the ash pan moved back on its former place with a distinct thud, sealing As-hur and the dagger away.

“So, what’s next?” Thallan asked.

“Now, we will move on.” I replied with conviction. “And it will start by you getting some shirt on!” I continued as I walked out of the room and I could not help but grin when I heard Thallan grumbling behind me.

*************

“Where are you going again?” I asked when I once again saw Thallan walking his way out of the house. He’s been doing it for a week now since the day he rescued me from that witch. I don’t where he went or what he do  during the times he was gone although what I know is that he went out on his mortal form and he always get back before sunset.

I ignored this unusual behavior of him before but I starting to get curios on what he’s up to.

He immediately stopped at the sound of my voice and turned to the chair by the pond where I sat.

“Going out.” He replied, looking very uncomfortable and unsure which only made me more suspicious of what he’s been doing.

“And what are you doing while you’re out?” I inquired neutrally, watching as his face gets more uneasy and he starting to fidget on his feet. Now, I'm truly curious.

“I.. I'm..”

“What Thallan?”

“I'm studying.” He exhaled and I frowned. Studying? Studying what?

“Huh? Studying what?” I asked in confusion then I watched as the nervous look on his face disappears replaced by a look of amusement and mischief which made me wary of him. Nothing comes up good when he has that mischievous smirk on his face.

I watched him as he walked around and sat by my feet.

“Well, you already know that I never been to the mortal realm after my first summoning and since then a lot of things had change in you world, lots and lots of thing. So I go out to discover and learn them.” He began and I replied with a nonsensical ‘oh’.

“This era is sure is different from the one I once knew. Everything was ‘modernized’.”

“And you speak ‘modern’ now.” I giggled out. Yeah his manner of speaking is definitely improved.

“And I also learned a lot of things in your era.” He said as he slowly and deliberately leaned over me, bracing his hands at the back of the chair on my either sides, effectively caging me within his arms.

“Lots and lots of new and delightful things..” He trailed off as I tried to shrink away from him but I'm trapped by his imposing body leaning dangerously close infront of me while the hard back of the wooden chair pressed unyieldingly on my back. I tried to duck under his arm but his knee come up and blocked my escape route. I look back up to him, only to find his face inches away from mine, making my heart beat wildly in my chest especially when I saw his tongue darted out of his mouth to moisten his lips and I could not help myself as I mirrored his gesture.