Recipe 27

“I know what he is.”

Those simple words that came from the old woman made my heart race. I looked back to where Thallan stands idly.

 What does she mean?

Did she know Thallan is a demon?

 How?

“I know you’re confused but I know you’re different and I know he is a demon.”

"Thallan." I whispered nervously.

Grandma warned me never let anyone knew what and who my ancestors were. I might live in the modern time where witch hunts and stake burnings are things of the past but ignorance makes people rash and irrational.

But is she for real or just half-way insane?

I back away from the counter, bumping on Thallan in the process. I didn't hear him move to my side but I'm glad that he is here, standing almost protectively infront of me while a low growl vibrated from him.

"Easy there. I mean no harm to you or to your master." The woman said while raising both her hands in a submissive gesture. "I just want to inform that I'm a witch and finding someone like me that have magic in them is a rare occurrence, so I just want to get acquainted. I mean no harm."

"You're a witch. A real witch." I asked her.

I'm a bit skeptical about her claim but I just can't disregard it. My grandmother was a sorceress before she stopped practicing her craft and witches do exist but can I trust her?

Does she know anything about unbinding the spell?

"I'm and I know that you got a sorceress in your family and many more that I can’t detect properly while he," The shopkeeper said, pointing towards Thallan. “Is a demon."

 "I'm not a sorceress by birth but I do have a deceased family member who was one and no one taught about anything on sorcery"

"Really? It’s odd that you managed to have a demon if you don't know anything about sorcery. How did you manage to do that?"

The vibrating growl coming from Thallan intensified and I saw a sneer forming on his face. The old woman paled visibly, scared and threatened by the show of fangs that Thallan put on display.

"Thallan! Stop it!" I whispered to him, taking a firm hold of his arm.

This woman might be the only one who knew how to break the binding spell and Thallan is surely scaring her up.

"I really don’t know and that is my dilemma right now. I didn't intent to summon him and I'm actually looking for a way to unbind the Bond that I unknowingly created."

The woman seems to gain interest when I mentioned the word ‘summon’ and ‘bond’.

"I'll try my best to help you. Please tell me everything that happened." She said as she offered a seat to me, not far from where she stands in the counter.

Reluctant at first, I managed to tell her what I think I did and what happened last week.

Removing the part about the other demon Thallan called and the real identity of my grandmother and Ana as well as the existence of imps in my home.