Recipe 39

I DEDICATE THIS RECIPE TO DVampire for giving me her permission to use her art for my bookcover! Thank you!

RECAP:

They are standing where the cave should be, a couple of sheer figure. They are so translucent that I could almost see the rubble of the cave behind them.

“Hey, she’s looking at us.” A masculine voice said and I gasped in shock, halting Thallan’s step as he placed me back on my feet as I began squirming myself out of his grasp.

My jaws literally dropped down on the mossy forest floor when I recognized the diaphanous figure is and there was someone else with him.

It was Eric!

Unbelievably, their translucent features become sharper as I stare at them and I saw a smaller feminine image beside the grinning Eric.

She was small, barely reaching Eric’c chest but her height emphasized her doll-like beauty.

She must be Cassy and now I know reason why Eric welcomed his death with open arms. She was very beautiful that even death could not mar the beauty of her porcelain-like skin and long blonde hair, and it didn’t even fade the innocence and mischief shining in her forest-green eyes.

“Hi. I'm Cassy.” She said timidly in a bell-like voice. “I just want to say thank you before we leave.”

“Elie.. Thank you and stop blaming yourself. I like where I am right now.” Eric said as he engulfed Cassy in a tight hug which made the smaller Cassy smile brightly.

“Goodbye.” The two of them said in unison as they turn around, their body slowly becoming translucent again.

“See you again..” I replied back to them and Eric turns around, smiling at me.

“Yeah, see you again but I hope not too soon. Take care, Elie…..”

Then they were gone and I felt a sense of peace enveloped me.

“Let’s go!” I couldn’t help but crack a huge smile at Thallan as I pulled his hand.

The final goodbye of Eric and Cassandra bring so much peace and calmness in me, my conscience was clear of his death and it will never weight on my soul now.

“Yeah, let go home. You're dead-tired.” He chuckled as he carried me back up again.

Yeah..

Let’s go back..

HOME…

*************

“Close your eyes and hold on tight. We’re going for a ride.”

“A ride?” I mumbled sleepily against Thallan’s neck. My eyelids are weighed down by weariness and the stress that I just experienced made sleep hard to fight.

What ride?

A magic carpet ride or a winged flight?

I chuckled to myself while peering out of my heavy eyelids.

“A demon ride.” He replied humorously and I then felt a tugging in my gut, a sense of being pulled from deep within my body. It’s not painful but a very uncomfortable and weird sensation to feel.

“Close your eyes, El.” Thallan whispered and I complied when the pulling sensation intensified followed by a buzzing sound in my ear that closely resembled the humming of the bees.

I burrowed my face against the warmth and security of Thallan’s chest when the pulling sensation went a notch higher in intensity to the point that it becomes a bit painful, it feels like a force was tugging and pulling at my gut or it was the same feeling when you ride on rollercoaster where your organs are in danger of being pulled out or floating away inside your body.