Recipe 25

Six Imps.

Six creatures from the Underworld.

Six unnamed creature that I need to name.

Six…

Then I suddenly come up with an idea.

I pointed at the largest imps and it look back at me with interest.

“Since you’re the largest and you seemed to be the leader of this little group I will call you Monday.”

“You're Tuesday.” I said to the one that have a large scar on its eye left eye.

“You're Wednesday.” The one with a pale, almost pinkish skin looks up on me when pointed on ‘his’ direction.

“You're Thursday.” I said to the one who crashed himself on the center island.

“You're Friday.” I said to the imp who got the longest tail on the group.

“Finally, you’re Saturday.” I said to the smallest of the imps.

And all of them seem to remember the name I gave them, they either grunted or squeal when I repeated their name. They are really clever just like Thallan said.

I then told them to clean the broken plates and glasses on the floor and they proved to be very competent in doing it.

Each and every one seem to help each other over a difficult task which is really fascinating to watch especially if the creatures doing that is a bunch of 3 feet, reddish imp with an array of wicked teeth and a lashing tail equipped with tiny spikes, similar to the tail of the ancient dinosaur, the stegosaurus.

It’s a fascinating yet shocking sight to see and just like what Thallan said before he left, they can easily understand me but they can only communicate with grunts and squeal which I will never understand although Jake seems to understand them.

*************

A couple of hours later..

Sitting by the small pond where Grandma and I loved to spend our free time, smiling to myself as I watched ‘my’ imps frolicking with Jake at the edge of the pond.

I find it odd that I get used to them so easily, even Jake accepted them readily that he is currently having a tug of war with Saturday using a dried up branch.

I could get used to this…

I sighed contently as I slowly nibbled the fruits and cracker that I bought with me while still watching my imps and my dog playing.

I'm glad that Grandma built our home in this secluded place, It will be a great trouble when somebody unknowingly stumbles in this place and see these imps running around.

I laughed out loud when Saturday fall back towards the pond when the branch broke in half.

I could really get used to this..

*************

 “So, my dear cousin is finally back.”

 I don’t need to see who it was, by the time I stepped out of the magic circle that bought me back in my Underworld palace, I could feel Fuxal’s strong presence and the palpable silence of my palace.

The imps are nowhere to be found and the gargoyles are incredibly quiet.

Odd. Really unusual.

“What are you doing here, Fuxal?”

I continue walking towards my room without even looking at him as he follows behind me.

 It’s really easy to visualize him grinning at me, which he always likes to do especially when he want to annoy me or something.