## XXX 04 A4CC16 xx-xx-1x

As alway, private chapter 19 right after this.

“Try it again Samantha.”  The voice was old and experienced.  The camera flicked on, it was an overhead view of some type of lab.  It was a place I recognized, I was there before but it wasn’t a lab, this video was taken down there.  But since I haven’t been there yet at this point in time of my retelling I won’t tell what it is yet. 

“I’m trying.”  A girl responded, she was hard to make out from the overhead view, I could see hair, that she was short, but everything else—she had a white trench coat on, goggles, gloves, black boots, there was a sterile table in front of her and chemicals everywhere.  There appeared to be expensive machines surrounding her and the voice that was speaking to her was an elder man with only white strands of hair on the sides of his bald head and the same coat and goggles as the girl.

Except it wasn’t the experienced man doing the experiments, it was the girl—a young girl by her size.  “Try harder,” the senior said, appearing to hover closer to Samantha.

She leaned over two vials of liquid, one was clear and another a light tint of blue.  She used a dropper to pick some of the clear fluid out and dropped it into a plastic pan.  Two drops.  She then switched to a different dropper and picked some fluid out of the blue one, a single drop.  Quickly she set down the blue one and put the tip of a metal stick attached to a white box into the mix.  The box displayed something on a screen that was unreadable for me and she cursed under her breath. “Not close enough. Again.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

The senior took the failed experiment out from in front of the girl and dropped down another peaty dish.  “Again.” He spoke firm.

“Again? We’ve done this over a hundred times, it’s not going to take there is something wrong and they aren’t binding.  God damn it why can’t we have the machines mix, they are much more precise than me.”

“You’re chemical will destroy my machines. You may think my employer is made of money but you’d be wrong.  She has others like you do research and sells that research to keep afloat.  But since we’ve put you on as our chemist we have seen no results at all.  So unless you can give us results worth a half a million dollar machine for you to play with you will do all tests by hand until you get it right.”

“Fuck you.” She said as she grabbed the first dropper and pulled out some of the clear liquid. 

“I’d watch your mouth young lady or you’ll get the room again.  Remember there is no escape, you know that.”

She shuttered at the mention of the room and glanced over her shoulder to one of the white walls.  Whatever this room was it terrified her… that room terrified me too…  “Test number 128.” She called out dropping two drops of the white fluid into the dish.

“That’s a good girl. You know we’ll have to toss the droppers, beakers and dishes too—that’s enough expense already.”  The senior reached around behind her and put one of his gloved hands directly on her ass.  She jumped a bit but just growled and switched to the second dropper.  “We never did break you.  We always break the new ones.  I still wonder, what makes you so special?”  The senior caressed her rear in slow circles as she tried her best to ignore him and draw a tiny bit of the fluid out.  “You’re lucky we can detach the antenna to the measurer, otherwise you wouldn’t be able to use that either.  You and expensive equipment is a no-no after the last time.”

With the old man still groping her rear end she, while shaking, dropped a single drop of the blue into the dish.  She quickly set down the dropper and smiled, even before picking up the measurer.  She looked at the senior and said in confidence, “It’s perfect, it worked!” 

“Test it.” He didn’t seem amused at all.

She put the antenna in and waited for results.  The numbers stopped cycling and she showed the senior.  He looked down and his eyebrows rose before he took a step back, taking his hand off her, “It really is perfect.  I’ll get the egg, how long will this take?”

“It will take three months to fully mature, but if maintained correctly in the embryonic fluid it should hatch as a baby, this baby will follow the similar lifecycle of a cat, reaching sexual maturity at eighteen months and adulthood in three years.  If the egg is genetically altered correctly the species we just created will have some interesting features hybrid to a man, cat, and bird and several other animals.

“It should be able to reproduce this exact chemical reaction on its own during reproduction, it will also recreate the exact embryonic environment.  The creature will only produce a male offspring but will be able to reproduce by placing its mating fluids in any enclosed, dark, and warm place.  This could be a ventilation shaft, the dark corner behind the water heater, or—for instance, a human woman.

“This creature would be one of its own, extremely powerful, possessive.  This creature will bond with whatever it decides to use to receive its mating fluids. Inanimate object, it becomes a loner caring for its object—something living it will stalk that being forever protecting it and in a way loving it.  They don’t need a mate but desire love and possessions.  They don’t mate for life, they mate for keeps and will consider anything they put their seed into as theirs, forever. 

“Now, I’ve invented a new species for you to add to your archive of hundreds.  I’ve invented a new species for you to use as you will.  Now, my side of the agreement, I want my own lab, I don’t care where.  I want freedom, anything I want. Oh… and I want girls, lots of girls, fresh fine, used up—I’ll make use of that too.  Don’t think this creature will be the last, and it sure as hell wasn’t my first.”

“What will you call it?”

“I don’t fucking care… hell, make something up.  Edger—that sounds manly.”

Samantha took the coat off and goggles before ripping off the gloves and letting her hair down.  She looked up as she stretched her arms in an exhausted out stretch, it was the little girl, the mad scientist, the Cat Lady, Adilen Hurm.