## XXX 01 A4CC5 11-11-07

As always private chapter posted after this.  Enjoy.

Now time for a new person, my good old friend the Cat Lady.  Now, she has a name, but for the purpose of the story I won’t spoil that for you now—so let’s stick with not mentioning names until I learn of them within the story.  In accordance to me not knowing her name for some times those who filmed and eventually brought her down here had the same problem, she liked to, hide, her identity.  I could say more, since I know a lot about her now, but I feel the video does a pretty good job at explaining her.  So without further ado, I’ll start it up.

“Okay, I’ve got a visual.”  Was the first thing said on camera, the video was in black and white and zoomed in on glass sliding doors at the back of a house.  “Stay low, and stay quite.” The voice spoke again. The camera turned to see three men in heavy attire dash towards the door, the glistening white letters “SWAT” glowed on their body armor vests and they were geared up from heavy boots right up to helmets fitted with gas masks.

As the three swat members piled up on the door the camera zoomed back in on the window.  Inside appeared to be a girl, maybe twelve or fourteen, eating a sandwich at a kitchen counter.  Beyond her the house was dark, only the single light in the kitchen on.  She seemed to be enjoying the sandwich and kept glazing outside, but at nothing in particular. 

The swat members were on either side of the glass door with their assault rifles loaded and tight in their hands, “Suspect is one Adilen Hurm.  Age nineteen, suspected biochemical terrorist.”  The camera went even closer to the girl, “Don’t let her size fool you, this girl is very dangerous and very intelligent.  She finished high school at the age thirteen, going to college to finish a Science Bachelor in just three years, degree unknown.  In three more years she’s completed a Masters and a PhD fields also unknown.

“Due to her size and appearance, she was disregarded within the scientific community.  Getting someone to listen to a woman was hard enough, but studying with one that looked like a fourteen year old girl was nearly impossible—especially when this fourteen year old was smarter than most of the people in the room.  This isolated her.   Her isolation had her turning to fields of study not considered ethical and later illegal studies.  Among the shadow of science they don’t care how you look—if you’re good darkness accepts you.

“She found refuge with these ‘Mad Scientists’ her field of study in biology and chemistry—she seemed to have made herself quite a name as being an alchemist, concentrating on transformation of the human body along with, other things.  Her problem was that her test subjects were often, acquired, through unlawful means and sometimes even with unaware people.  In the last six months she’s bombed a mall, released poison gas in a hospital, and thrown smoke grenades into a crowded concert mosh pit—all in the name of science. 

“Sure no one has died, yet, but there have been some serious side effects and near death.  Her publicly tested experiments seem to cater to changing the mental state of those attacked, making them crave certain things, respond to certain cues, or immobilize them entirely.  She’s not into killing, but it’s only a matter of time before an experiment goes too—wait.”  One of the swat members raises a hand and the others arm up.  “Looks like they are going in now.”

All three men slipped gas masks over their faces and the man who signaled the other two lifted the butt of his gun and with one swing around his side smashed the glass window in.  The other two piled in second later and distant “Hand’s up! Don’t move!” were shouted several times.  The man with the gun stayed at the door with his assault rifled aimed at her as the other two quickly went around the counter.  She was forced backwards out of her chair and to the ground.  The camera didn’t show it, but it appeared she hit the ground pretty hard as the swat member didn’t seem to slow his decent. 

A few seconds passed, silent, and the camera started moving forward, the person behind it was no longer talking.  As the camera wielder stepped into the doorway crunching glass could be heard under his boots.  Her voice could be heard now, “Get off me, what do you want? You’re going to get it!” as a white smoke could be seen seeping out of the AC vent directly above the counter.

“I don’t think so.” The commentator spoke. His voice was muffled like he was talking through plastic.  His camera swung around the faces of the three swat members, fully suited up with gas masks on, then down to her.  She was pressed against the ground with her hands cuffed behind her back and the man holding her down with one knee above her cuffed hands.  “Miss Adilen Hurm.  We’ve tried so hard and long to find you.”

With her head half way turned up she tried to spit towards the wielder of the camera, but missed as the officer on top of her put a gloved hand on her head to keep it down.  “That’s not my name!”  She growled as the smoke seeping from the ceiling finally hit the counter and rolled off onto the floor, some of it getting sucked into her nose.

“Oh, we know,” the man said.

“Come on. Get up.” The swat member said as he pulled her to her feet.  He managed to get her to her feet, only to have her collapse in his arms.  Her body went stiff, but her eyes remained opened.  A little bit of droll came out of her mouth and her breathing slowed considerably. 

Another officer helped to drag her out the way they came and the guy with the camera followed her open eyes, “Oh—did you need one of these?”  he said in his muffled voice.  The video ended there, with her being dragged outside.