## XXX 02 A4CC6 11-11-07

Private chapter right after this. #7

“Suspect is one Adilen Hurm, alias, real name unknown.  Taken into custody at 5:43 pm November 11, 2007.”  The letters POLICE showed up at the bottom of the otherwise black screen.  The black lingered for a bit before color faded into it.  This image was in full color unlike the previous video, the camera was on Adilen, who was chained to a metal table and seated into a plastic chair of an otherwise empty and bland room.   Both her hands were cuffed and her eyes wouldn’t break contact with whoever was directly across from her, a slight angle away from the camera.

She wore a yellow tank top, white shorts, and had very light brown hair tied behind her head with a single hair tie.  Her hair could be mistaken as red if someone saw her from far enough distance.  She was quite tiny and her face had a decent amount of freckles.  She had very clear blue eyes and when she opened her mouth small white teeth.  She certainly looked like a child.

“You have been busy Miss. Hurm.”  A male voice spoke off screen.

“That’s not my name.” she spoke, her lips hardly moving and her eyes not batting even once.

“Well then, why don’t you start by telling us your real name?”

“Fuck you.”

“This is getting nowhere.  Miss. Hurm.  You’ve been nothing but trouble and already face several charges of terrorism and illegal scientific research.  This is enough to put you away for a long time.  All we want to know are what you’re plans are, and what you were trying to do—maybe some good information could, loosen, the sentence.”

“You don’t get it do you?”   Adilen sneered, pulling her body back and the chains taught against the metal hook they were latched onto.

“Get what?”

“That you did it all wrong.”

“What’s your point Miss. Hurm, sadly we don’t have all day.”

“That you should have waited,” she said as she started grinding the metal against the hook, causing the clattering sound to echo though the room.

“Waited for what?”

“For me to go back you idiot.”

There was a silent growl from behind the camera; it was obvious the interviewer was getting slightly frustrated, “Back to what Miss. Hurm.”

“My lab.”

“Why Miss. Hurm.”  The interviewer’s voice came out slightly sarcastic, especially with the way he kept repeating her name.

“Because…”

“Is there a point to this?” the man cut her off.  He sounded bored.

Adilen’s voice became very serious, “Because I was in a middle of an experiment.”

“And?”

“Look Mister, you don’t seem too bright.”  She leaned forward causing the chain to clunk against the table, “Now, open that folder of yours and look through your silly profile of me.  What do you see, what is the common attribute of my research?  What do I seem to do often?  Here I’ll give you a hint, you arrested me for it.”

“Human testing.” He said, finally clicking with her leads.

“Ah,” Adilen humed as she crossed her fingers into a tight knot and resting them on the table.

“How many do you have?”

“Oh,” Adilen paused and looked up at the single light in the ceiling, “Five, I think…” paused and looked around the room, “No, six.  But that last one was different. Come to think of it, she’s probably already dead now. I should have been there hours ago.”

“Where are they?”

“Why should I tell you?

“How many have you killed?”

“No more than a dozen.  At least not right away. Who knows what happens after I lose track of them when I let them go”

“Where are the six you still have?”

“Not telling.”

The man sighed, “What do we have to do to get you to tell us.”

“Freedom.”

“Not happening. What else.” 

She stretched her arms across the table as far as she could go.  “You talked about good information to loosen a sentence earlier.  Let’s start there.  Question is: how much are five lives worth?”

“No, question is, how can you even prove you have five?  What about the sixth?”

“Already dead, already said that.  Now, the experiment is still going and the longer they are exposed the higher chance of mortality. What do I get if you raid my place and find five live bodies?”

“Let’s look at the numbers, three counts of public terrorism, six counts of illegal research that we know of, close to a dozen murders, several dozen counts of abduction and kidnapping, Even if I were to pardon half of those you’d still get life in prison at its best, and that’s hoping your appearance convinces a jury that they shouldn’t send you to death.  So let’s talk realistically here.  I can give you a nice solitude jail cell to prevent your pretty little ass from being someone’s bitch.”

“That deal’s bullshit.  You’re talking to someone who knows how to make lethal poison out of a pillowcase and metal shavings.  Do you really thing they are going to put me into a public cell?  Biochemical terrorist – do you not know what that means?”

“Well…”

“Times ticking…”

“I can guarantee no death penalty.  That’s as far as I can do.”

“So five lives are worth that?  I mean you can’t even prove the murders or abductions.  What do you have left, terrorism and illegal research?  And who’s to say that was even me either? You also have no solid proof.”

“Okay then, if and only if we find five live people I can give you a solitary cell, no death penalty, and maybe chance for parole after ten or twenty years – but I doubt that. Last offer.”

“In the backyard there is a hatch hidden in the grass, very hard to find, but I’m sure if you have enough people looking you’ll track it down.”

“You get that?” The man’s voice was raised and aimed away from Adilen.

A door was heard opening and Adilen yelled at it, “Better be careful! It’s trapped!” The door clicked closed and Adilen started tapping her fingers on the table and her feet lightly on the floor.  She had a smile on her face, like she knew something was going to happen and the police had no idea.