Chapter Eight

“Eek.” Perrie jumped up and down. Leigh looked at me like I was some ghost. “So you are just saying he nearly kissed you?” Jades eyes almost popped out. “You own me the jumper, missy.” Perrie told Leigh, she rolled her eyes and muttered “Damn.”, under her breath.

I knitted my eyebrows, and tilted my head. Jade put her hand on mine. “Leigh is on team Jordan while Perrie is team Dario.” If I still would have any coffee left I would have spit it now. I felt how every colour from my face faded away.

Perrie put her hair up into a high ponytail, “I am not even sorry for being on Team Dario, it’s like Twilight, but without vamps and any supernatural characters. And you are way prettier than this Bella girl, wasn’t that Nikki Reed?” Leigh face palmed herself, her straightened hair falling over her shoulder and her covered face.

“For the hundredth time it was Kristen Stewart!” Perrie giggled awkwardly and took a sip out of her left over tea. “But I don’t look that pretty.” I said silently but Jade caught it. She shook her head and pulled me in a hug, “Never ever say that again, you are one of the prettiest and nicest people I have ever met.”

For the record, I am sitting in the girls flat. It was Sunday, the gig was on Friday. I locked myself in over Saturday, Leigh called me up and told me they wanted to see me. We always had meet ups with them and all the dancers but somehow we had more chemistry with each other. As the dark skinned girl called me she told me I needed to be there as soon as possible so I threw one some random clothes and drove to them like a maniac turns out they just wanted to hang out and do girlish things.

It still felt so surreal that my idols, my favourite girl band, my role models treated me like friends. We were sitting in the sitting area of their flat; it was covered with pillows and blankets and was just super cosy. And apparently my new friends picked teams to be on while my love life was as complicated as a Rubik Cube.

“But why on earth are you two even picking sides? Maybe I will, no I definitely will end with dozens of cats and die and then they will eat me alive.” They all scrunched their faces, making it look like Halloween grimaces. “You did not just say that!” Leigh shouted at me but then grinned.

“I will get some ice cream, for this conversation the mood needs to cool down, ‘cuz ice-cream, ya kno’” Perrie chuckled. “Get the ice-cream and don’t say a word.” Leigh rolled her eyes at her blonde band member. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at her best friend.

“So he was like ‘I think you need to go’, duh?” Jade said as the ice-cream lady came back with four spoons and four ‘Ben&Jerrys’, each one with another flavour. “Jup.” I put a Fairy Nuts filled spoon in my mouth. “Moron.” Leigh added, while munching on her Cherrie Garcia. “Does that mean you are now crawling back to Jordan?” Perrie pointed with her dirty spoon at me.

“Watch out, it’s gonna drop on the carp- PERRIE!” Jade shouted at her, she put her hands up in surrender; the left one was holding her Phis Food and the other the spoon. “ I was nearly choking on mine, watching this scene was so funny. They were all just so down to earth girls and lovely and understanding and boosting my confidence.

“Girls, we have a boy problem here, can you concentrate?” Leigh said with a full mouth, “I think you should kiss both of them, so you know feel the sparks.” Perrie made an imaginary Rainbow above her head like SpongeBob did. I shook my head, “No, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” Jade added, she was the smart one out of the group. I could tell from the beginning on.

“Then what should we do?” Leigh added with a sigh. “I know, I know.” Jade threw her blanket that she had wrapped around her petite body on the floor, got up and left us three alone, wondering what she was doing.